Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First and foremost not only am I the new guy to the forum, but I'm brand new to bikes as well.

So I bought a project bike. 2008 ninja 650. Has been dumped. No battery, bit of damage, fairings gone, coolant reservoir cracked, rear turn signals busted, mirrors gone, needs some TLC for sure. At the moment I am trying to get some of the parts I will need for it, but quite frankly, I don't know the names of the parts let alone how to find them on ebay and I do not plan on buying anything from a dealer unless I have to.

Can anyone help me and tell me what these things are called?

Top picture I believe is where the windscreen would attach, and is also the protective shroud surrounding the gauges above the headlight.

The bottom picture is a mount that the license plate and turn signals attach to.

Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
208 Posts
Hello all. First and foremost not only am I the new guy to the forum, but I'm brand new to bikes as well.

So I bought a project bike. 2008 ninja 650. Has been dumped. No battery, bit of damage, fairings gone, coolant reservoir cracked, rear turn signals busted, mirrors gone, needs some TLC for sure. At the moment I am trying to get some of the parts I will need for it, but quite frankly, I don't know the names of the parts let alone how to find them on ebay and I do not plan on buying anything from a dealer unless I have to. View attachment 139141 View attachment 139142

Can anyone help me and tell me what these things are called?

Top picture I believe is where the windscreen would attach, and is also the protective shroud surrounding the gauges above the headlight.

The bottom picture is a mount that the license plate and turn signals attach to.

Thank you
I recommend you have a look on this site:

They have pictures and part numbers for everything, then just paste them into ebay. That said the front piece is probably some sort of "front upper cowling" and the 2nd is "license plate mount" or "rear fender"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I recommend you have a look on this site:

They have pictures and part numbers for everything, then just paste them into ebay. That said the front piece is probably some sort of "front upper cowling" and the 2nd is "license plate mount" or "rear fender"

Well sir, that site is fantastic! Thank you very much. You were also spot on with the names. The front one was a "ref cowling (upper)" and the rear one was "Ref rear fender".

Thank you very much for your assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts