Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor went out on it and it wasn't covered on warranty so now its got to go piece by piece. I have everything minus stock exhaust and the Right fairing is scratched but not cracked or broken it still actually looks good. Make me offers the whole thing needs to go. So if anyone wants a track bike ad wants to do their own motor thats a possibility as well.

[email protected]

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what happened to the motor? Been an one year old bike I would think it didn't have too many miles on it...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to go get the bike today from the dealer. Their exact words were we don't know what happened. I think it was a timing issue. I know the piston had a massive hole in it. But they said they can't find what the problem was thus it was not covered under warranty. If you bought an extended warranty I would get it refunded while you still can. They said the motor was a total loss so I doubt I can salvage anything from it. The bike had 1,998 miles on it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have to go get the bike today from the dealer. Their exact words were we don't know what happened. I think it was a timing issue. I know the piston had a massive hole in it. But they said they can't find what the problem was thus it was not covered under warranty. If you bought an extended warranty I would get it refunded while you still can. They said the motor was a total loss so I doubt I can salvage anything from it. The bike had 1,998 miles on it.

I wouldn't settle with that. Take it to another Kawi dealer or throw a fit at them. Had you ever done anything to it engine/carb wise? If that's the place you bought it from, that sounds to me like they did something wrong and won't take responsibility for it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I trust the guy who told me the news he said there is really nothing he could do. He told me to throw a fit with Kawi and I did and they tried to act like their shit didn't stink. I had it rejetted with the KN and that was all

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyhow the bike is still being parted out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I trust the guy who told me the news he said there is really nothing he could do. He told me to throw a fit with Kawi and I did and they tried to act like their shit didn't stink. I had it rejetted with the KN and that was all
I gotcha. Well good luck with it all.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm actually looking for a set of passenger rear pegs to do some experimentation on (putting LEDs in them)...Again, it's an experiment so I'm 90% going to ruin them :) so I need an extra set if it's cheap enough for me to mess around :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sent you an email.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front Fairing, stay, clipons,Front fender, Tank, Rear fairings, taillight, shifter, mirrors, windscreen. Pending sale.Everything else on the bike is still availabe.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pegs are pending sale. Carbs I'd like to get 175.00 for. But for 225.00 I will throw in the dynojet stage 2 kit as well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tuesday I am in Southern California till Monday

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All the Plastics are gone now. And the Clip ons.

Would Anyone be interested in the Rolling chasis? $1350.00 Thats way better than ebay when you only get the main part of the frame.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tank is gone too.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Not selling any more parts.

·
Registered