Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am ordering new parts and although I have the part numbers, I want to make sure of what the part actual looks like. The diagrams have multiple parts with the same part number and the picture is hard to tell what is what. For example: 14091-0722 Cover, Meter and 14091-0804 Cover, Meter Housing. I think I figured out what the second one is, but I am unsure about the first. So please, help to confirm if I have identified the parts correctly.

I think I have circled the parts:

14091-0722 Cover, Meter
55028-0299 Cowling, Radiator

Attachments

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looks like you have the correct part numbers for the parts you need. I would ask the parts person at the place you are going to order from to confirm, though.

Did you check with Richard to see if he has those parts? I would think he might be selling the radiator cowlings, at least.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Often if the same part has three or four #'s, each number represents a different color.

Edit: I misread the original post. Anyway, it looks like the first part that you have circled is a cover that goes around the gauges, the second is a plastic piece that goes under the forward fairing

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am I Making Sense??

Looks like you have the correct part numbers for the parts you need. I would ask the parts person at the place you are going to order from to confirm, though.

Did you check with Richard to see if he has those parts? I would think he might be selling the radiator cowlings, at least.
That's part of the reason I am double checking. I have the list I got from the mechanic after the repair estimate. The list was to replace everything to make it 100% new even if some parts just had some scratches. I am only trying to replace what is actually broken.

ok...im really confused on what ur needing here:confused::eek:
That's what I'm trying to fiugure out. If the part number and name corresponds with what I think the part looks like.

Often if the same part has three or four #'s, each number represents a different color.
Yeah, that would make sense for the fairings, but these are internal parts that are not color specific.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Edit: I misread the original post. Anyway, it looks like the first part that you have circled is a cover that goes around the gauges, the second is a plastic piece that goes under the forward fairing

Thanks for helping.....I know where they go on the bike, what I need to know is if those parts correspond to the part numbers/description.

14091-0722 Cover, Meter

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would think it would be easy to tell if you have the right parts by looking up the price of each. If it's only a couple of bucks, that's not the part. Those parts you are asking about are pretty pricey, I would imagine. :(

G

·
i know he had the the skirt connecting the two lower cowlings... I think that's what they call the radiator cowling and what is represented in the parts diagram you posted there
i'll look closer here in a second too

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, you guys are being super helpful but not at the same time. LOL! I know he has them for sale. I don't need those parts, mine are fine just scratched. I just need to make sure that what I think they look like are in fact what they are listed in the parts diagram so I don't order them.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Thanks for helping.....I know where they go on the bike, what I need to know is if those parts correspond to the part numbers/description.

14091-0722 Cover, Meter
Ya, that's what I was tryin' to say. The part #'s that you have listed are a gauge cover and the plastic piece under the front fairing. I'm not sure if those are the ones that you need or not.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, that's what I was tryin' to say. The part #'s that you have listed are a gauge cover and the plastic piece under the front fairing. I'm not sure if those are the ones that you need or not.
Thank you!!

and that was my reason for confusion.

Sorry. I confused myself too :eek:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't Rep anyone today cause I have given out too much Rep in the past 24 hours, but you are all on my list-I will get it back to you. Thanks for helping.

G

·
i don't know if you've tried it on their site before, but if you look at the parts diagram there and then click on the item number it will put a box around the number in the picture for you...
If you click on the part number it will bring up a little supplier info box and you can click on the yellow ? and it will tell you what models use the part... even better if you click on the model it will show you the areas of the bike that use it, and if you click on the area it will take you to the exploded picture with the part number inside a red box in the picture...
I'm guessing you knew this, but maybe if others are looking for the info and find this on a search it will help them?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG! I am going to flame my self because I did not know that Kat. :(

ME---->:violent:<-----the rest of KF

G

·
don't flame yourself! I know that the interface on places like cheap cycle parts is exactly the same, but doesn't have the clickable part on it, so if you were just briefly looking you might not notice it! The only reason i found it was by accident!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts