Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw in the zzr fourm they have a sticky, that has all the parts interchange info for the 6's. Since everyone keeps asking if parts will work, maybe we can set something similar up, for our 9 fourm? I know I would be interested in all the parts that people have used.
Just my.02

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good idea. I always hear people ask, will this 6r part work on my 9r. Make a sticky of what will and what wont.
Turbo_JB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front Fairing

Does the front fairing from a 98-02 ZX6R work with a 2000 ZX9R?
How about the headlight? I am pretty sure the headlight does, but dont think the front fairing. I saw some headlights listed on ebay for both models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The headlight will But the fairings will not different set up where it meets the upper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question: Can I put a ZX6R '96 engine on a ZX9R '94 frame without modifications?...
I have the frame sitting there, and I just found a good deal on a ZX6R engine... please help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if I can swap out a 00-03 9r headlights and upper will swap out to a 98 9r without any problems? Also, anyone know if 03 9r tail will swap out to a 98 or maybe if there is somewhere I can get a tail with both seats that doesn't have the holes already in it for the handles?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2000 zx12 rear shock will fit a 01 9, and if it does are they better. Or would a 04 zx10 shock be a better choice?
Also would a 12 front rim fit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As far as I know the rotor will work from the 10. I've heard of several on here putting a 10 shock on their 9 as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
zx9 fork swap

i heard that the 00-01 zx9r goes over the handlebars and the 02-03 follows the contour of the fairing with nothing over the bars? Am i wrong..

i have a 99 zx9r that has a bent front fork..i know alot of other year zx9 and zx6 parts are the same or similar..
i can get a set of brand-new stock take off front forks from a 2005 zzr600 for $cheap but i want to upgrade to Rach Tech springs..so since they are from a zzr600 and not a zx9 will i be wasting my time with the "wrong forks" or will it be the same no matter which one it came off of..

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts