Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, if you whant or were going to do stuff the a zx-6rr or 6r (2003) what part would you recommend and why?

1) race cams, gaskets, valves, air intakes, etc.

What effect will it have and for the psrts being recommended it their a website to check out?

This is just curosity....Might help others out too.

Thanks, Fly

·
Registered
364 Posts
ya i was wondering the same thing wan. i put the full akra evo system on a few days ago and it is awsome. but i wanna do some engine work over the winter, but i dont know what changes to make to it. port & polish heads, oversize pistons, race cams, ect. ect. any help would be a appreciated. Oh ya, i asked dan kyle what he would charge to fix my bike up like his test bike he is working on, and his reply was this: he was not accepting any outside work at the time, his schedule was too busy:(

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
For a little over $500 you could get everything you need to significantly boost output - labor is a seperate issue! The cams and gaskets are going to make the biggest difference. I'm not sure if those valve springs are required or not though. Next I'd go for the velocity stanks. I think just about everyone would be happy with the ten or so horsepower gain you'd get out of that. The air filters that come with these bikes are pretty good, and you could either hollow out the stock pipe or spend a few bikes on a new one.

No matter what, you WILL notice a big difference. All that stuff is going in my motor over the winter time while the frame gets powder-coated black and I attach that full Arata pipe I've been eyeing all summer long.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I looked at the arata system too, but i chose to go with the AKRAPOVIC Evolution. I think i made the right choice.

godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00302.jpg

godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00305.jpg The power from this evolution system is awsome.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I have not had much bites on this post..hmmmmmmmmmm..makes me wonder if there are any serious die hard bikers out there with a wealth of knowledge to share.....

I thought this might be good and help otherS..I begin to wonder...Or..Or maybe everyone is buying Yamaha's or something...Just kidding They are all good bikes.

As for Dan Kyle, He might be busy but if he was interested in share his skills and abilities he would post advise!

Strong bad, you make mention of stuff but I see nothing...What's up with that???

Look forward to more interesting replies??

Fly

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by godsdozer

I looked at the arata system too, but i chose to go with the AKRAPOVIC Evolution. I think i made the right choice.

godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00302.jpg

godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00305.jpg The power from this evolution system is awsome.

Awesome pipe gods.....You made the right choice of pipe...nothing but the best...Although there are other nice pipes this one is outstanding...I comes down to price, quality, performance, like and dislikes.....One always need to make there own choices.

Keep you the gret work...

Fly

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey wan, im gonna get the volocity stacks soon. ill post feedback when i get them installed. bye the way, i was kawasaki.com looking for those race cams. they do not have them on their site any longer. im gonnna call my dealer this week and find out whats up with that. im gonna put the cams in this winter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wan2fly, please do not speak for me. this site has been up and down a lot lately, I do not check posts everyday, and I do not read every post when I am here.
If someone has a question for me, call me.
I have already posted some of the development I have done, I posted what I did, and what my plans were.
Cams and a head gasket will not get you 10HP. Sorry
Each person wants different work done and has a different amout to spend.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Everyone drools over your 6rr Dan ................ I guess that someone didnt read your posts/updates about what mods you had done to it already. Keep up the good work Mr. Kyle!

Strong bad .......... do the velocity stacks the bottom end or the top end? I am under the impression that they will make you quicker, but you will sacrifice top end. true?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by godsdozer
hey wan, im gonna get the volocity stacks soon. ill post feedback when i get them installed. bye the way, i was kawasaki.com looking for those race cams. they do not have them on their site any longer. im gonnna call my dealer this week and find out whats up with that. im gonna put the cams in this winter.
Heya God' wwhat is the status of the Stacks? You posted nothing..If you are looking for a place try this site. http://www.ronayers.com/main.cfm

I know they had stuff...

Note To Stong Bad: I see no parts yet! If you know of some please let me know that would be great.

Note Dan Kyle: I have sent you emails and no response were you hiding????

Let me Not to all,

Fly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.