Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do my first trackday next weekend and I wanted to get the forum's opinion on my tires before I make the drive.
[/IMG]

I'm planning on going to MSRH and according to Ridesmart I must have at least 50% tread remaining. I'd guess I've got enough tread left but I'm not an inspector.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah they look fine. I just got thru with a track day with ridesmart on Labor Day out at Texas world speedway. It was also my first track day but definitely won't be my last. It's pretty addicting ? depending on how hard u go, u may end up replacing those tires after the track day. I had brand new q3's on mine and this is what they are like now after the track. Have fun man and keep it on 2 wheels! ImageUploadedByMO Free1378516243.307843.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they look fine. I just got thru with a track day with ridesmart on Labor Day out at Texas world speedway. It was also my first track day but definitely won't be my last. It's pretty addicting ? depending on how hard u go, u may end up replacing those tires after the track day. I had brand new q3's on mine and this is what they are like now after the track. Have fun man and keep it on 2 wheels!

I really wanted to go to TWS on Labor day but I waited too long to register and it said the class was sold out:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I definitely do not intend to go crazy the first time out. It would be such a let down to load everything up and drive to Houston only to be told that my tires are too worn for the track.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
They look almost new still. Mine were more worn than that in the middle when I went to my last track day.

·
Registered
262 Posts
And I definitely do not intend to go crazy the first time out. It would be such a let down to load everything up and drive to Houston only to be told that my tires are too worn for the track.
Man that sux u couldn't make it, it was a blast! But you'll have just as much fun at Houston's track. After tws, I think any track day will be fun. I'm thinkin of going to cresson in November. And as far as not going hard... That's gunna change real quick probably once u hit the track, especially if ur competitive like me. Just be smart and don't do anything out of ur comfort zone or skill level. But your tires look fine man, just set ur pressure the morning of and you'll be golden. I ran 30 rear and 32 front and had no issues but every rider has their preference. Where in Texas do ya live? I'm near San Antonio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that sux u couldn't make it, it was a blast! But you'll have just as much fun at Houston's track. After tws, I think any track day will be fun. I'm thinkin of going to cresson in November. And as far as not going hard... That's gunna change real quick probably once u hit the track, especially if ur competitive like me. Just be smart and don't do anything out of ur comfort zone or skill level. But your tires look fine man, just set ur pressure the morning of and you'll be golden. I ran 30 rear and 32 front and had no issues but every rider has their preference. Where in Texas do ya live? I'm near San Antonio.

I'm in Austin. I've been riding sportbikes for over 5 years, and I've never gotten around to going to the track. I'm sure it's going to be a blast. I signed up for next Saturday. I'm planning on driving to Houston Friday night, and sleeping in my truck at MSR(assuming that option is available).

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm in Austin. I've been riding sportbikes for over 5 years, and I've never gotten around to going to the track. I'm sure it's going to be a blast. I signed up for next Saturday. I'm planning on driving to Houston Friday night, and sleeping in my truck at MSR(assuming that option is available).
Sounds good man! Hopefully you'll get some good rest in ur truck cuz ur definitely gunna need it to stay sharp out there. Your right there by circuit of the America's. u should definitely try that one out. I know next opportunity I get I'm gunna hit it up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts