Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I own an ‘06 ZZR and accidentally had my boot heel come across the rear handgrip while stepping off of the bike. As a result, some of the black paint came off of the black plastic grip. The plastic apparently has a very thin layer of paint - I always thought it was solid black plastic - but I can see that it is a transparent Urethane type of painted plastic. So anyway, the grip is unblemished except for this thin layer of paint that is missing. The question is - has anyone ever tried to touch their grips up before or did everyone just remove them - strip and repaint? What paint did you use? Does Kawasaki sell it or did you have to go out and match? This seems to be a flat black plastic paint and I was going to buy this Krylon Fusion Spray on Paint: Flat Black 2519 -> See below link http://www.krylon.com/main/product_...lid=10&productid=1751&content=product_details

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance
Dan

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the handgrips are ugly as shit. i plan on shaving mine off compleltey. i have them on now cuz i dont like the hole it leaves when removed. as far as the grip maybe try wetsanding both the grips down till there smooth.both of them so there equally matched. i tihnk if u paint one its gonna look like ass unless u know what ur doing

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree I don't like the handles either but other than the two screws on the front part of the tail section near the seat, they are the only thing holding the tail onto the frame.
I suppose you can get away with just the two bolts at the back but they would have to be shortened.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had mine ground down 1/2 an inch from a spill. Used plastic weld to build it back up (wasn't going to pay out the wazoo for a new one), sanded it smooth and primered it. I also sanded the the other side and primered it. Sprayed both with a rattle can, matte black, 4 coats and a year later they look as good as new. inked out trucca is right, if you paint one you'll have to paint the other.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I do like the "shaved" look without the handles, however damn it helps when unloading a bike off my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.