Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do it. What do you guys and girls use on your feet. I just got sneakers and im guessing they are not going to slide just screw me up. DO you use riding boots or can you get plates to go on the bottom of your boots or sneakers.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I've seen it done with just sneakers. You don't want to put all your weight on your feet, unless you have plates under your boots. I used to do it when it was wet out, and put my feet on the double yellow lines in the road. This was on backstreets of course, but they used to get really slippery, and I could just stand there holding on to the bike.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i do it w/my reg sneakers. your weight is not really on your feet its on your tank. i bet i could pull it with sand paper on my sole's[8D]

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Are we talking about Skitching?
I just use normal shoes, I put some metal on some of my old pair of shoes and they worked but not that well...anyway. If you're on for a while you'll see the rubber end of your shoes bubble up :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The majority of your weight is on the tank like Ninjarider said. You could wear flip-flops if you wanted.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i think those metal plates only exist in the biker boyz movie. i could be worng:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think I will see if I can beat that record tomorrow. Wow, me in the guiness book of idiots.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advince. So what if your doing it off the back of the bike and just holding on wouldnt your weight be on your feet then and would you still be able to use sneakers.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You can still use sneakers that way too. The harder the soles the longer they will last, just like tires. The harder they are the easier they slide. Even off the back, all your weight is not on your feet and you are being pulled. Now, if you tried to ski off the front you would be in trouble. True you are standing behind the bike but b/c you are being pulled all your weight is not on your feet. It's a physics thing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I was a kid I used to hang off the bumper of my friends car and he would tow me around at like 15-25mph I had those stupid little cheap black ninja shoes. Ya know the ones you could get at the swap meet for real cheap, they had rock hard soles. The problem is the material on top was paper thin so when I would fall it would give me road rash on the top of my feet. Oh to be young again!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh skitching, Ok i'm the skitch pro here. I had about 5 pairs of shoes, I've skitched in all of them, and my soles are worn out that on a few of my shoes you could see the fabric at the bottom of your sole. As for the skitch plated shoes seen in the movie biker boys, i can't find them anywheres, I've fabraicated some flint metal to be square like 1.5"x1.5" then welded two points coming up so i can stab them in my shoes they looked like this |_|, I used to get great sparks when skitching, it's alot easier, You don't have to put alot of weight on your shoes, my shoes ran out of soles because i skitch alot especially at freeway speeds.

Skitching is fun when you can flip to the other side and drop to the tail section. Anyways if anyone knows where to find some reliable skitch plates, let me know, otherwise, anyone good at welding should create me some, I will pay for them, if they are reliable.

Plus you should submit to some inventaiton patents company as a great new invention

·
Registered
720 Posts
Be careful with doing this, putting to much wait on your shoes will cause you to fuck up! Remember a shitload of weight on your right elbow. It happened to me just before the summer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That idea sounds pretty good im going shape up some metal and weld some points onto them tomorrow at work

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey let me tell you the problems i ran into with this idea.

First after skitching for a while your plates would get hot and cause metal transfer heat, they would loose bonding with rubber, So whe you came up off the skitch, they would fall out and melt your shoes.

Your have to think of a way to attach them around like i was thinking something like this |__|__|__|. The two outsides have holes so you can tie them around your ankle with some leather or something, and the two innerside are just to stab through your shoes keeping the plates from sliding off your shoes, and the straps keep them to your feet

Thats my idea, (Hey if you can, make me a pair that works, i'll pay you for it)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey let me tell you the problems i ran into with this idea.

First after skitching for a while your plates would get hot and cause metal transfer heat, they would loose bonding with rubber, So whe you came up off the skitch, they would fall out and melt your shoes.

Your have to think of a way to attach them around like i was thinking something like this |__|__|__|. The two outsides have holes so you can tie them around your ankle with some leather or something, and the two innerside are just to stab through your shoes keeping the plates from sliding off your shoes, and the straps keep them to your feet

Thats my idea, (Hey if you can, make me a pair that works, i'll pay you for it)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.