Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '06 ZX6R on november 4th. I financed it through Kawasaki and HSBC.

The guys at the dealership told me it'd be 30 to 45 days before my first payment was due. But when I got home and looked on the paper work it said December 1st is the first payment due date.

I haven't gotten any statement in the mail yet and can't figure out how, or if I can pay online.

How long does it take to get a paper statement? Am I supposed to do something to initiate a payment?

I'm freaking out a little bit because I'd rather not be late on my first payment and screw my credit. Any thoughts?

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,978 Posts
Originally posted by 1AngelDM
I bought my '06 ZX6R on november 4th. I financed it through Kawasaki and HSBC.

The guys at the dealership told me it'd be 30 to 45 days before my first payment was due. But when I got home and looked on the paper work it said December 1st is the first payment due date.

I haven't gotten any statement in the mail yet and can't figure out how, or if I can pay online.

How long does it take to get a paper statement? Am I supposed to do something to initiate a payment?

I'm freaking out a little bit because I'd rather not be late on my first payment and screw my credit. Any thoughts?
1) From November 4th to December 1st is almost 30 days. ;)

2) Is there a phone number you can call for customer service?

3) I only finance thru my credit union but yea, I agree with you. You don't want to start off with a late payment. Is there any grace period??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UUC-Thanks for the link, now I have the website at least. Tried the link but I'm not sure where in the paper work to find the account # they asked for.

-That is almost 30 days and there is a grace period. And I don't see a phone number anywhere. Gonna call the dealer.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Your account number will be filled in the boxes on the upper left of the paperwork you have. Looks like a credit card number. Your 1st statement period probably closes on 12/1 and then your payment will most likely be due mid-month sometime.

·
Registered
370 Posts
it dosnt matter if your late...it wont screw your credit man!
dont panick...it has very little effect...your late payments must be reported, so sometimes you can be late more than a month, and still be ok...

but dont be a deadbeat...if you miss a few days, theyll make money on you..no worries

·
Registered
158 Posts
Call the finance company and ask them they will know, if you can't get through to them then contact the salesperson who sold you the bike.

·
Registered
261 Posts
you will get a statement in the mail. they have to notify you before they can make a negative report to your credit. i was anctious to get mine at first too but it will come dont worry

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I just signed up. I got my account number on the top left of my credit form. It says account number. Mine shows 0 under min payment due. And it doesnt show a due date yet. I guess i still have some time before my first bill. YAAYYY !!!! i got my bike like almost a month ago

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey how long does a person have to wait before refinancing? i need to lower my interst rate a little. I think i could use to credit company i have my car with and lower it a little. anyone know? i'm new with refinancing. thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
hey, sorry about the hassles, but congrats on the bike!!!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by cbccadet2002
hey how long does a person have to wait before refinancing? i need to lower my interst rate a little. I think i could use to credit company i have my car with and lower it a little. anyone know? i'm new with refinancing. thanks
you should be able to refinance at any time you wish. all your doing is getting a loan to pay off another loan.

and for the first payment question, when i got mine thru kawi, they mailed a bunch of paperwork with a kawi credit card and a bill for the first payment. i didn't ask or worry about when the first one was due. just waited on them to send me something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
youre good, the break in cycle is just to make the miles higher so thet if there is any defects it wont come up until its out of warranty. i say get it go easy for 50 mi, change oil and let'er rip. if you find a weak link than good, its under warranty, get it fixed for free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.