Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after wrecking my bike, i need a new front brake lever. I am looking at pazzo levers but honestly have a hard time justifying spending $180 on levers. Is there any reason to upgrade to pazzo's verse spend a fraction of the cost on a stock lever??? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I wouldn't ride a bike that I own without them...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't ride a bike that I own without them...
well that was descriptive :p ??? could you elaborate please? why wouldnt you ride a bike without pazzo levers???

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pazzo's and crg are awesome! I don't know what makes them so special, but I have no regrets when I bought them for $150. Hard to explain....buy them, you'll see what the hype is about. They're only $180 that's less then a days pay for me....just buy them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are there any actual advatages other than looks, do they feel diferent, why are they better for track riding than the stock ones?

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
It is tough to explain.

I think they're a much better shape (easier to get your hands onto). They're billet aluminum so they don't shatter the second they touch the ground, and the adjustability is nice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have Pazzo on mine and they feel a lot easier to grip then a stock one i feel. Especially since me being asian and having small hands. I love the adjustability they offer compared to the stock levers. I have mine set at 1 and the grap is so much shorter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Amen, better feel and ease of adjustment. you can adjust on the fly. Get the short ones, once you get used to them stock ones just feel like tree trunks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get the shortie's if you get any they wont hit the ground as easy if you go down, and because there shortie you can get you use to keeping two fingers over your brake and clutch and the other two on the handle bars. There easily adjustible great feel and look the mutts nuts.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Yeah the "long ones" are barely long enough to get my 4 fingers on the clutch lever. I find myself shifting with just 3 fingers now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the responses guys, since i dont know anyone with the shorties to get a feel for them. i think ill get a set of the long levers since theyre shorter than stock but more than a 2 finger lever.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
thanks for all the responses guys, since i dont know anyone with the shorties to get a feel for them. i think ill get a set of the long levers since theyre shorter than stock but more than a 2 finger lever.
Yeah I have the long on both sides, no regrets. They are very smooth, and the adjustability is great. The long levers also have cutouts so if you DO drop the bike, only the tip of the lever will break off (as it's meant to) so you can still ride home.

Another common thing people do is get one side short and one side long. Never really understood that though.

I bought red ones at first but they didn't match the red on the bike so I bought a new set of the black with silver adjusters and sold my red ones. Here you can see the break off cutout though.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Another common thing people do is get one side short and one side long. Never really understood that though.
The logic behind it is that many riders regularly use one or two finger braking, but one or two finger clutch operation is more rare. That being said, I could never live with the lack of symmetry a setup like that calls for.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got some red pazzo shorty's for sale... they have some scratches on it tho 100$ shipped. got a thread in the sales section

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got some red pazzo shorty's for sale... they have some scratches on it tho 100$ shipped. got a thread in the sales section
Thanks for the offer but i dont think red handles would match to well on the yellow bike lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am interested in the pazz0's red ones. Please e-mail back if they are still avaible or call 713-457-0246.
Paul Richardson
10219 Cutting Horse Lane
Houston,Texas 77064-7032

Silver 2007 ZX-6R & 1978 KZ1000 Z1-R

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the ZX6R, I upgraded from an EX-250 and the clutch lever feels like a whole new world to me. The ZX6R lever puts alot of strain on my hand. I think my hands may be too big for the stock clutch lever. Unfortunatly the stock clutch isn't adjustable like the stock brakes. I have the brake lever adjusted to 5. (6th is farthest) So do you think it would be a good idea to get Pazzo levers as well?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts