Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a chance to get either a pc3usb or a slip on exhaust. which mod will give me the best performance increase? my bike is bone stock except for a bmc air filter. so pc3 with a free map off the internet or a slip on exhaust??

·
Registered
390 Posts
id get the slip on first. a pc3 wont help a stock bike at all unless you get a custom map made. the maps online are crap for the most part.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by evor1<br>id get the slip on first. a pc3 wont help a stock bike at all unless you get a custom map made. the maps online are crap for the most part.
Not true at all. A PCIII will increase the throttle responce of a stock bike and will give you better over all fuel managenemt.

If you get a slip on exhaust your bike will run like crap with out the ability to ajust the air/fuel map. An after market pipe has far less back pressure and therefore will not run efficient as the stock muffler..

Id get the PCIII 1st the look for a pipe.

I have heard that a muzzy pipe has the best proformance with out running a PCIII

Originally posted by falc0nxtreme
hey i have a chance to get either a pc3usb or a slip on exhaust. which mod will give me the best performance increase? my bike is bone stock except for a bmc air filter. so pc3 with a free map off the internet or a slip on exhaust??
The PCII comes with a zero map and also a modified stock map.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd say get the PCIII if you use your bike as an economical means of transportation or perhaps take it to the track... If you just ride to enjoy it (like myself), I'd get the slip-on... It'll be music to your ears at the very least...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i was under the impression that if you change anything on the exhaust, that you needed a power commander. so no matter what you need a power commander. (i think). so i would go with the pcIII. after that you could get an ignition module, and a quick shifter for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
276 Posts
No you do not need the power commander... I have a yoshi slip-on w/o it and I'm too new of a rider to tell if the bike is running a good as it can... I absolutely love it though and I am unsure if I will spend the $$ on a PCIII...

·
Registered
359 Posts
My bike ran fine with an Akrapovic slipon for about a year before buying a pcIII.It did clean up the throttle response a lot when I installed the pcIII.Going from a stock bike to the Akra installed was hardly noticeable in all but the noise!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by falc0nxtreme
slip on, gut the converter, jumper mod, try 89 octane, you already have a filter..you should be straight.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by dcbb6

slip on, gut the converter, jumper mod, try 89 octane, you already have a filter..you should be straight.
uhhh maybe if his timing was changed he could try 89 octane.. and or it was tuned with 89.

·
Registered
427 Posts
How many of you actually got your bike dyno tuned with the pc3. Neither the slip on or the pc3 alone are what you want. You wont get the most out of your bike without a custom tune for your bike.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I think all this shit is a waste but thats just me.. I bought a slip on for the sound but other then that i probably wont be putting any "performance" driven mods on my next bike.. 2-3 hp on an already 100hp bike really isnt worth it for the 1000$ you end up spending.. Put the money towards fuel and tires and learn to ride the bike would help a lot more then any mod you could ever do..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86

uhhh maybe if his timing was changed he could try 89 octane.. and or it was tuned with 89.
Negative - the stock timing and fuel maps are safe enough to run 89 and keep safe a/f ratio. If you tune a PC3 with 93..you are essentially doing the same thing without regards to ignition timing..all the tuner is doing is setting a target a/f ratio to where the bike is happy and produces nice power curve. Then from there you can play with the timing.. to alter the power curve.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI
I put an Akrapovic slip-on on my stock 03 636 and had it dyno'd. I gained a solid 4 HP with the pipe. This was a noticable gain and the bike pulled harder then stock. Later I added a pcIII and had it dyno tuned ($250.00) and on the dyno I gained less then 1 HP. However the pc made a difference how the engine accessed the HP - it reved faster and ran smoother. The MPG didn't change at all. If I had to do it all over again and money was an issue I would save the $500.00 it cost for the pc and dyno tune and stick with the slip-on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.