Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been rebuilding my bike after i got in an accident a few weeks ago and i have some money left over...i got all the body mods i want already so i want something for performance. i dont race, just cruise around with my friends, so i dont think i really need a steering damper. i have an akra slip on, k&n, and the jumper mod done already. i was thinking of going with either the quick acceleration sprocket kit with a speedohealer, or a pcIII. which one would make my bike more fun on the street?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get the PC III it makes the bike run a lot smoother and you can install it yourself easier than the sprockets most likely. If you get the sprockets i would say get a chain as well cause your chain wears to your sprockets..

However I got the power commander with just a slip and K&N and i could tell a difference in throttle response power and how much more smooth the bike runs

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Sprocket if you want to save money and more power down low, but remember this will raise your RPM

PCIII if you have money and want power throughout the powerband,

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Damper is a "safety" thing that shouldn't be overlooked, especially when you're talking about performance and speed related mods. I voted pc3 here. I installed the akra can and pc3 and WOW it just screamed compared to stock. A friend of mine is getting sprockets instead of a pc3, so I'll have something to compare to this weekend when he lets me ride it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you're just cruising around with friends on the street most of the speeds are probably lower so sprockets will probably be a lot of fun. Faster stoplight acceleration, wheelie easier if you want to. Either would make a difference but for dinking around, I would go sprockets...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.