Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do NOT use Atlanta Motor World for ANYTHING!!!! I know this is kind of a long story, but please read it and steer clear of Atlanta Motor World!!! And Kawi is actually going to warranty my trans if it's not too damaged.

I had an appointment on June 6th, to drop my bike off at Atlanta Motor World to have the transmission looked at and to see if it would be covered under warranty. When I got there, I told them that 3rd gear was the only problem and that it would pop out of gear under acceleration. I called the shop up a week later and they still had not started working on my bike. Another week passes and I finally receive a call from Chris in the service dept saying they can’t find a problem with the trans and that my chain was loose, so it could be jumping on the sprocket. He also informed me that I had a few trouble codes from my aftermarket exhaust (this is bs, if there was a code, my engine light would be on) and they cleared them. I told again told him that 3rd was the only gear with a problem and to ride it again.

2 hours later I receive a call from the shop manager (also named Chris) and he said I defiantly have a transmission problem and it wouldn’t be covered under warranty. I asked him who had made that decision, him or Kawi... His reply “I said that, I have 25 years experience in this field, it won’t be covered” So I ask if he even called Kawi to which he informed me that he hadn’t. So I asked for Kawi’s number and called their customer service dept. After discussing everything with them, they told me to take it to a different shop.

I went to pick my bike up on the 24th and they tried to charge me a 75 dollar diag fee for the supposed exhaust codes in the computer. I raised hell and told them that I didn’t bring the bike in there for them to check codes, I only brought it in to have them see if the trans would be covered under warranty. After screaming and yelled, they told me to just take my bike.

Fast forward to today, I took my bike to another shop and the service guy came out, got the vin number and looked at the bike. He called Kawi while I waited to see if they would cover my bike. Apparently Atlanta Motor World, called Kawi and told them that I had a bald rear tire and rubber covering the entire underside of my bike from doing numerous burnouts. I have never done a single burnout on my motorcycle since I bought it brand new back in Nov. Now yes I had a bald tire, but it was just worn out and needed to be replaced, I have 8000+ miles on my bike, tires wear out especially pilot powers. I wasn’t going to spend 150 dollars to replace my tire if it was going to sit at the dealer for a few weeks.

The service guy at the new shop came back outside and looked at my bike again and noted that there was not a single piece of rubber to be found under the bike and that I had a new rear tire. Kawi has agreed to fix my trans under warranty IF when the trans is opened up, they only find a messed up slider or two, a bent shift fork, and one or two gears messed up. If the whole trans is messed up, it won’t be covered.

I’m just really pissed that I was without my bike for over 2 ½ weeks at Atlanta Motor World, for them to not even contact Kawi. And when they finally do, they tried to bad mouth me and talk shit trying to get any warranty work denied in the future. Real stand up service center if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Dang, that really sucks. Be sure to let us know what the problem was. Mine did the 3rd gear thing last week.

·
Powerhungry
37,963 Posts
i hate to tell you this, but get ready to dish out some money. kawi WILL NOT WARRANTY IT. trust me i know, ive been there and done that. they will authorize the tear down and inspection. thats it. once they determine its NOT covered YOU. will be paying the bill. regardless if it gets fixed or not. is sounds as if it has worn dogs. causing it to slip apart under torque.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My bike has 617 mi's on it. It did the same thing in 3rd the other day, and it's not covered under warranty? I actually thought I had missed the shift and was in neutral, but the N indicator on my gauge cluster wasn't lit up. I'm taking it next week to get looked at at an LBS, no authorized Kawi service centers in my area though. If it's not covered thats gonna suck.

·
Powerhungry
37,963 Posts
i had lost 2nd and 3rd. 2 shift forks, and the drum. $1,600 and that was after a huuge break from the dealer. they only charged me $200 for the tear down, and inspect. where it should have been closer to $6 or 700. i hope it works out for you guys. but dont expect too much.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Um thats odd, I bent a shift fork AND burned out my clutch. All covered under warranty 100%. Though I had the extended warranty, so maybe that covers more.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I dont understand the problem. I have 19k miles on my '05 and not a single tranny problem ever.

GL on the warranty. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
597 Posts
wow 19k on a 05??? holy crap i only 5500 on my 04.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by harvs04ZX6
wow 19k on a 05??? holy crap i only 5500 on my 04.
Gotta luv SoCal...

I ride every day it doesn't rain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.