Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people who wore (no burn outs:D) their rear stock tire on the 05/06 ZX6R, how many miles did you get out of them before you had to replace them and what brand did you replace them with? I only have 3k miles and looks like they are half way done.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
The stock tires will last several thousand miles under normal riding conditions. I had 2500 on mine and had very little wear. My buddy Adam (Zero Cool on here) got a nail in his rear, so I gave him my tires and I got a new set of Metzeler M3's.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Replaced mine right around 4,200 miles with Diablo Corsas - they will not last as long but they provide way better grip and turn in.

If you go to a 70 series front move your forks up about 4-5mm.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I got over 4k on my rear before I got the nail in mine.. and I had worn them down pretty good but they cupped a bit unfortunately, and got the nail.. They were scrubbed to the edges.

·
Registered
879 Posts
For me, the stock tires lasted right at 7600 miles. Never once done a burnout though, and I rarely do wheelies, so I'm sure that's a factor in how long they've lasted. The front tire looks great, and the sides of the rear still have at least 1/8" of tread, but what can ya do, right? Damn interstates...

Replacing with Michelin PPs... the sweet smell of fresh rubber is filling up the basement as we speak

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have 9500 miles on my original back tire and it is done (no wheelies, no burnouts)! I will be replacing with a tomahawk T3 because it is cheap ($53 + $10 shipping) and i just use my bike to commute with (500+ miles per week).

sc1

·
Registered
879 Posts
50 bucks for a tire? What's it made of, recycled garbage? Poor, poor motorcyle...[V]

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by sc1
i have 9500 miles on my original back tire and it is done (no wheelies, no burnouts)! I will be replacing with a tomahawk T3 because it is cheap ($53 + $10 shipping) and i just use my bike to commute with (500+ miles per week).

sc1
You should check out the Continental Road Attack, its the sport touring tire they make and overaul it grips well and has a really deep tread for long mileage, so far ive put close to 1000 miles on the tire and its wearing good for the price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive got about 36 k, its got about 1 weekend more and there toast. I got 1 session out of it at willows big track last weekend, started to move around a little so i put on a soft race slick(dunlop) and still currently have a dunlop 209 rear courtesy of "Track-Daz" that im leaving on. Those guys kick a$$ !!!:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ihave 6300 and the markers are just showing. Going to palo sunday and next week the Dunlop Qaulifers are going on. Just rated the best tire by Motorcyclist mag this month.

green the only wat to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
857 Posts
i had around 8500 maybe a bit more on the stocker, i rode it till the white mesh of the carcass showed through, the middle was alot more warndownt he the side formt he previous owner i think he did a few burnouts...the stockies are shit tires tho, pilot powers all the way

·
Registered
243 Posts
i got 8k on my stock and it is dead
buying new tires as soon as i find out the disadvantages of getting a 70 series front, as to the stock 65
anyone know?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I squeaked out 7,400 miles on my stock rear tire. I could have rode it longer but I am taking my bike on a long trip away from home so I changed it. Went with a Dunlop qualifier.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.