Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a JR Blatser pants(leather). Should I go with the perf or non perf? I will be using them at night in the boston/NH area which is getting kinda cool at night night. Will the perforated keep my legs from freezing on a cool night?

Thanks for the advise in advance.[?]

·
Registered
755 Posts
They will keep you warmer than jeans would. Perfed leathers are to let heat out, so they won't be as warm as unperfed leathers, but I think are the best choice for all season riding. I have a perfed alpinestars 2 piece that I wear all the time and it works fine in cold weather.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Go with the perforated, they just plain breathe better, although that's more important to me in a jacket than the pants, but you'll still like the perforated better in hotter rides...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, Perf it is.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is an old thread so maybe you've already made your purchase, but keep in mind your definition of "kinda cool" is going to be different from people in other parts of the country. I have a fully perforated suit, and at anything under sixty degrees I get too cold unless I have multiple layers underneath. I got caught unprepared on a ride to Idaho this summer and when the temps dropped at night I was miserable. So that suit is packed up for the winter, and I'm going to go shop for some weather-resistant winter wear. Meanwhile I wear a non-perf'd jacket and jeans with a couple layers underneath of everything (and I was still uncomfortably cold last night with the temp dropping below forty-five degrees).

·
Registered
30 Posts
get perf, that way in the summer, you're still protected and cooler. with perf, wear thermos underneath, does the trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.