Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok ok not bashing Jneer, I loved the light but the turn signals were a deal breaker. As for me, I want my bike to be seen and noticed by other drivers on the road. I thought our tail light was bright, but after some close calls I decided to upgrade.

I wanted to get a brake light flashe, but already flash them when I am braking. Soooo I had my tail light taken apart and upgraded with 6 red CREE LEDs. These are the LEDs you find in flashlights :D. VERY VERY VERY bright. The pics and vids do not capture the brightness. Now anyone behind me should be able to see me brake, or else they are blind or blinded :D.

I had this done by a guy in Venezula after seeing his work. He did a great job and very great customer service. He was online all night helping me troubleshoot the light(turns out one connector was wrong.) Anyways, here are the vids.

1) Stock LED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDlD992ZsGA

2) Modded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAwhtqa8Q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmlJxptfeKg

It is hard to capture the light on video and pics. Enjoy and let me know what you think :).

Oh and I have 5k HIDs in both high and low. Only lows were on for filming. I plan to film those in action as well this weekend.

I will post stock pics later, but here it is modded.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
heck yea... thats a good idea. :thumbup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO at running...brake...running...brake!

Do you have pics of what it looks like now?

:D

See my first post, added pics. Let me add more. From outside it looks the same, so you cannot tell it is modded :).

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd be careful, there is such a thing as too bright. I made a custom tail lamp for my old bike and went a bit overboard with my initial attempt. With the brakes applied at night I couldn't see the bike, just a big glowing red spot washing everything out.

Needless to say I had to tone it down a little lol.

·
Registered
233 Posts
DIY rite up? or no?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys no DIY, I sent it out to have it done as mentioned above. I suck at electrical work :D, mechanical I am good at. I do know he had a piece of aluminum machined(the heatsink where LEDs are mounted) and then mounted the LEDs with resistor or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i dont get this thread when i read pfft who needs jneer i was expecting to see something cool not just a brighter stock taillight :( lame

·
Registered
138 Posts
i dont get this thread when i read pfft who needs jneer i was expecting to see something cool not just a brighter stock taillight :( lame
:Laughing rolling: I was thinking the same thing.

But thats bright as fugg mane!

·
Registered
80 Posts
:Laughing rolling: I was thinking the same thing.

But thats bright as fugg mane!

me too, so why the hell did you even mention jneer if it has nothing to do with it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts