Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that if you get your picture taken by one of those photo radars with a helmet on, they can't send you a ticket because your face is covered and you are therefore unidentifiable.

any truth to this?

·
Registered
486 Posts
they can send you a monetary fine, however they cannot give you points. same for red light violations in a car, etc....

·
Registered
125 Posts
They will still send a ticket to the owner of the bike since they will have his plate, unless he relocated it. Otherwise he would have to go to court and fight it by showing he was at work during that time or saying his friend was riding it then they might throw the ticket out.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They wont throw the ticket out if your friend was riding it, they will want you to tell them who he is so they can mail him the ticket.

Just hope you dont get one, they are a pain in the butt to deal with. My buddy sold a truck to someone on ebay, new owner took truck but never registered it. They ahve been getting tickets like crazy in it and the state the truck is in now has been calling him wanting him to pay for the tickets. He said now cause he sold it and now they are trying to say they are going to come to OK and arrest him even though he sold it and the new owner is the one getting the tickets. It was a cash deal from over 2 years ago. Sad thing is they keep writing the truck tickets and are not towing it for some erason when they write it up.

·
Registered
692 Posts
haha just come to my house, and ill mount your plate where the photo cant see it :)

oh yeh I've been flashed numerous times and never had a ticket, if your talking about the ones on the 101 those are void because they are located on state property and belong to scottsdale.. and if some one EVER comes to your house asking if you live there just be like umm no? They will probobly be trying to serve you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
just wheelie by them so they cant see the plate. they will take a pic of your lower fairing lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sneaky,

Did your friend the seller have a Bill of Sale? That might could hold up if they coming to arrest his ass. And oh yeah I heard another story but this was coming from the buyer:

Buyer bought a vehicle thru ebay, seller did not send him title, so he just goes out and purposely get tickets and violations with the vehicle he bought. It was in a forum that I heard this story from. LoL Could this be your friend the seller???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.