Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been eyeballing some PIAA bulbs online lately.. and want some feedback.

I'd really like to get an ION yellow low beam or something drastic, and bright, but not so much obnoxious that is going to have people trying to run me off the road. I was considering doing a yellow low beam, and regular white high beam, or vice versa. I demand other motorists to see me, and this is an attempt to protect myself. I think bright yellow would be especially helpful during the daylight.

The options that I'm considering are primarily yellow, and plasma blue or whatever they call it. Any pictures would be a huge help, and any PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/FEEDBACK is great too. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not sure of everybody elses experiences with piaa bulbs, but my buddy put a pair in his 04-gsxr (an h4 and an h7 I think) a year a a half ago and they both burned out within the last week. I would have thought the bulbs would have lasted longer than that for their price. That's the only reason I haven't bought any yet. Anyone else with better experiences?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shut up. I haven't bought anything. Planning ahead.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ive got a set of PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs in my ZX6R and they are night and day difference over stock. I happend to drive by a park my dad was walking at one night and he said that I looked like a train comming down the road. :D I do run them on high in town most of the time and Ive only had a few people flash me. I have had them since March and they havent given me any problems. Im going to get my bike out tonight I will take a few pics for ya.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Now you can see what Im saying about a train comming down the road. Its a lot cleaner light than the picutre shows. Almost clear with a blue tint.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn dude! Thanks for the pictures. That's retarded bright! lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
I switched to the PIAAs almost immediately and haven't had a problem with them for 18 months now. Much improvement on visibility at night.

·
Registered
125 Posts
don't waste your money... buy hid's
I got my 6000k kit off of ebay for $145 shipped and they look and perform awesome. No regrets.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize I can get HID's cheap.. that's not a problem. I sported HID's on my GTI for the longest time.

To me, it's not worth the trouble. I don't really want/need HID's right now. I don't want to run HID's on anything other than a projector, and I'm definitely not ready to go completely custom right now with headlights. I just want plug and play, and I don't want scattered light.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm liking these lights and will probably order me a set soon. Subhuman - list the part # of the ones you got along with the wattage so I don't get wrong ones. I'm new to changing out bulbs, and I've been reading a lot of melting and fuses blowing threads lately. That's the last thing I have the patience for right now, so I want to order the correct ones without any worries.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still plan to eventually get some with a tint of some sort to them, whether it be a bluish/purple (wanna be HID), or a yellow.. and have the other bulb a bright and functional white.

I haven't even really looked at the bike yet as far as changing bulbs.. Do the fairings have to come off, or just the upper plastics by the tank where the old ram air used to be? Not sure if that's what they are on the 05/06, but on the 01 that's where the ram air tubes were.

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
i recently did the dual light mod. thats the best move! seriously, i can see better now on low, than i could before on high. night and day difference(pun intended)
its not exactly plug and play. but i think its well worth it.
pics here
http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65504

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
I still plan to eventually get some with a tint of some sort to them, whether it be a bluish/purple (wanna be HID), or a yellow.. and have the other bulb a bright and functional white.

I haven't even really looked at the bike yet as far as changing bulbs.. Do the fairings have to come off, or just the upper plastics by the tank where the old ram air used to be? Not sure if that's what they are on the 05/06, but on the 01 that's where the ram air tubes were.
Changing the bulbs couldnt be any simpler. Take off one trim bolt on the upper fairing. The the cover pops up from the two tabs. Then your right there.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've heard good things about PIAA. They are a little pricey. But I heard MTEC is right there with PIAA and it's a bit cheaper, I think I read somewhere (cbr forums?) that one guy is selling them (H7's-pair) for like $35 shipped (<that's good price for quality bulbs!). I'm still considering either to do dual headlight mod, or just buy some MTEC's or PIAA's [:M74]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
you can have the best, most expensive bulbs. but they will never provide the coverage of the dual lights.
as mine is now, i'll never need my highbeams again
Yeh I know. Well, with the dual mod, isn't it too bright for the other drivers? Do upcoming traffic drivers ever flash their high's at you? Can you adjust the height of both low and high beam side?

P.S. I really wanna do the dual headlight mod, but it's gonna be my winter project. Before I do that I wanna get some feedback....

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj

Yeh I know. Well, with the dual mod, isn't it too bright for the other drivers? Do upcoming traffic drivers ever flash their high's at you? Can you adjust the height of both low and high beam side?

P.S. I really wanna do the dual headlight mod, but it's gonna be my winter project. Before I do that I wanna get some feedback....
yep they can be adjusted. i havent been flashed yet. its not soo much how far out they go. altho thats better too. but it covers the ENTIRE road. from the ditch all the way across the oncoming lane. its really the best thing as far as light mods go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.