Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and new to this addiction so I suppose I'm considered a noob. I recently picked this bike up from vehicle auctions. It's a 2006 ZX636C6F. I'm sure you guys will be seeing me around here asking questions or just hanging about. Anyhow, attached are some pics of the damage that was done to the bike. All cosmetic if you ask me but if any of you out there have experienced repairing bikes and have any suggestions feel free to send me a PM.

Thx!

·
Registered
261 Posts
looks good to me, how much did you pay? go to oppracing.com they have full carbonfiber fairings, street and race, that thing will look sick. good purchase

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
well you have found the right place. i garantee, that if you have a question, some one on here has the answer.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by elgenyo
I paid.......

....$3450 to the auction house and slid my friend $500 for the hookup.
Awesome! High five, bro.. Good price. Looks to be just relatively minor cosmetic damage. You might even find some good used parts here on the forum for a little bit of cash.

·
Registered
310 Posts
check out the classifieds for ALL the parts you need and feel free to ask we can help!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
awesome deal you got there.

i imagine his friend had to use a dealers license to get him in there, but it sounds like he gave him money for the hookup, not that he had to give it to him to get it.

if a friend gives me a hella good hookup like that i front money his way to say thanks, and vise versa.

your bike will be sweet when you get it done. what color you going to paint it?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Elgenyo - I pm'ed you but you wont be able to respond because your new - do you know any of the Dalys In Panama City? I sent their names in the message.
Welcome anbd good luck

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Great find! Looks like a set of plastics is the major thing to replace. Check the classifieds section here and search for what you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've read that matching the metallic blue is really difficult for some shops so I think I'm going to paint it flat or metallic black.

I gave the dealer $500 for the trouble of going to ATL with me and letting me buy a bike with his license. It works out great for the both of us.

I'm sorry I do not know any Daly's in PC.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've hacked-N-wacked on too many wrecks.Best advice:Be patient.You're gonna have the urge to throw this or that part on and call it good(and it usually is),but take a little extra time and track down the damage travel path.Really good flashlight,better eyes and be patient.

Great deal!Best of luck,BW

Oh yeah,keep a simple notebook.Write down every F..king cent you spend on it.Its fun to look back on,say a year from now.You pay for imformation(experience)......one way or another.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks like the radiator took a hit in the tank area too if im not mistaken?... looks to be in the oil cooler area, just make sure there is no oil/ coolant mix in the radiator or more importantly the engine. maybe im wrong, ive just never noticed that dent on other 05-06 bikes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure on the 05-06 but on the 03-04, oil spills into the airbox if it stays down for a while. That needs to be checked out and cleaned out if necessary. Have the frame and swing-arm been checked that they are straight? Check all the welds, and make sure the fork is straight. Check suspension for fluid leaks. Check the chain. This is all pre purchase stuff but wanted to put it in anyway. Looks like the damage is not too bad though so you are probably good.

1st- New radiator- that thing is dented. I think you should replace it so you don't have to worry about your engine overheating/blowing up.

2nd- New blinkers in front, whatever style you like.

3rd- New fairing on the right side. If you are going to paint the whole bike then you can get a used piece of any color off of Ebay for under $100 bucks. Just make sure it has all the tabs/mounting points. Would be nice to find the right color though so you don't feel like a dipshit riding around if you can't paint right away.

After that, sand and paint the clutch cover, integrated tail light, bar ends, whatever floats your boat. That undertail pipe is nice because the pipe would have been wrecked too on 03-04.

I HIGHLY recomend getting some stands if you dont have them already. Makes the bike so much easier to work on. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thx guys...I've been a forum whore for a while now traveling from Honda forums to Nissan Titan forums and every hobby in between but never have I ever been a part of a forum where it seems every member is positive and welcoming. You guys are great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.