Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on craigslist last week and looked around for some used ninjas and wound up falling in love with an 06 to my surprise. I had been looking for an 08 but couldn't pass on this one :)

The bike was in Tampa and I am in Daytona so it was a nice 200 mile drive. It was taken such good care of its practically brand new. Garage kept (with a cover on it), owner bought for his wife for her birthday so that she could get into riding but she didn't feel safe driving one and just wanted to stick on the back of his. She took it out 3 times and put a total of 158 miles on it! :lol:

They lowered the bike because she was like 4'8 and 80 lbs so it sits real low and I kinda like that. I do need to figure out how to set the rear suspension to my weight though because if I’m taking a big sweeping turn at high speeds it feels a little too spongy.

Anywho without further adieu here are some pics

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congratulations

That is a sweet looking ride. The old right place right time adage still lives. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Did it come with the original link? If so, put it back on and it might make the leverage ratio a bit stiffer so it won't wallow.

Great find... very lucky! Better check the bottom of your shoes before you go into the house... you must have stepped in a extra big pile to be that lucky! :poo:

enjoy!!

have fun, ride safe... and congrats!!
:)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did it come with the original link? If so, put it back on and it might make the leverage ratio a bit stiffer so it won't wallow.

Great find... very lucky! Better check the bottom of your shoes before you go into the house... you must have stepped in a extra big pile to be that lucky! :poo:

enjoy!!

have fun, ride safe... and congrats!!
:)
yeah they gave me the original link and bike cover. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why is the lady you bought it from still sitting on the bike in the first picture???

Oh, nevermind... that must be your daughter. When you said the previous owner was 4'8" and 80lbs, I got a little mixed up! Just playin', but seriously, that's one tiny lady! :D

Congrats on your new bike!!! Looks like you found a winner!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yeah they gave me the original link and bike cover. :)
try putting the link back on and see how you like it. Can't really tell from the pics... did they drop the forks, too? If so, raise them back up when you do the link.

again, great find... bike looks brand new.... dare I ask... price? :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Double Check the shoes

Like kkim said - check your shoes. Good thing the guy you bought it from doesn't follow this forum or he'd have known what they are going for. What a great find.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
S'bout time!

First favor you can do yourself is to get some Pirelli MT75's. Transformed my 06 250 into an awesome carver!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice bike! Really good price. Congrats! Ride safe :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sweet and clean looking bike and dam you got that at a great price. Chock one up to the buyer for a change on a used 250. Great find and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys. having lots of fun so far, and i'm really glad that i didn't wind up getting a brand new bike. i got such a good deal on this one i now have lots of extra cash for other toys and i feel that i shouldn't have any problem getting the money back out of this when i go to sell it for an upgrade a year or 2 from now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts