Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great! I'm in the same boat you are; I just "graduated" from a Ninja 500R to a 2002 ZX6R and actually will be riding it for only the 2nd time later today. Did you find the transition from your 250 to the 636 difficult? Glad to see you in full gear, too. You look really sharp! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Hey catty1, the transition wasn't hard at all, really. The bike is very light and responsive like the 250, although it packs a MUCH bigger punch when you twist the throttle! The more aggressive riding position took a little bit of an adjustment, but it feels natural already. I will say that low speed maneuvering was a bit easier on the 250, but I'm getting used to the 6Rs quirks at full lock. I hope your transition is going well, too. Ride safe!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Gotta love Joe Rocket Meteor jackets. One of my favorites.

Definitely a more agressive angle on a 636 than a 250. You don't look like you are leaning too much though. A 250 you sit almost upright.

And for the record: (estimates from various sources)

Ninja 250 dry: 304 lbs
Ninja 636 dry: 371 lbs
Ninja 500 dry: 388 lbs
Ninja 6r Dry: 377 lbs

Enjoy the new ride. Oh, and time to go matching gear shopping I take it. ;)

-Flash

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, it sure doesn't feel 67 pounds heavier!! Yeah, you're right about the gear--my 250 is green (go figure), but I think I'm going to invest in some leather this time around. My girlfriend is going to take the MSF soon so I kept the little green ninjette for her.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey congratulations on your new bike. I myself graduated from a 500R two weeks ago when I acquired my 636. I love the bike and the way it handles. You look sharp in full gear man, I have to get some new gear as well since my old bike was red and I went with the black 636. Have fun and enjoy the ride.:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice bike man and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

Gotta love Joe Rocket Meteor jackets. One of my favorites.

Definitely a more agressive angle on a 636 than a 250. You don't look like you are leaning too much though. A 250 you sit almost upright.

And for the record: (estimates from various sources)

Ninja 250 dry: 304 lbs
Ninja 636 dry: 371 lbs
Ninja 500 dry: 388 lbs
Ninja 6r Dry: 377 lbs

Enjoy the new ride. Oh, and time to go matching gear shopping I take it. ;)

-Flash
The full-dry weight of the 636 is 355 pounds. I've shaved off 9 with my exhaust (down to 346) and another 6 by removing various parts (passenger pegs, signals, mudguard), which says to me my dry weight is 340 pounds. Eat that Honda CBR600RR guys and your 375 pound beast.

Too bad I weigh a porky 220 pounds myself, or it'd be a REAL rocket... oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.