Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you saw someone elses bike laying on its side would you pick it up?

the right thing to do would be to pick it up but... what if they came back and saw you touching their bike with a broken mirror, scratches, etc.?

just curious what you all would do because i just picked up someones moped at my college. had a broken mirror but it was a POS anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good question?? If I knew them I would pick it up and then tell them otherwise I would leave it.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Tough call...... I'm not really sure! I'll tell you if it ever happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is a good question. I guess it would have alot to do with where you live. If you're out in the boonies, then help out a fellow rider. But if you're in the city, touching other peoples property can be hazardous to your health. If you must, I would yell at anyone you see nearby and tell them "hey, I'm going to pick up this stranger's motorcycle to help out a fellow rider". This way, if said owner should happen to come by, you have a witness. If you're alone..just walk away. :)

I must say though, that in all my years of life I have never seen a motorcycle on it's side without it's rider several yards away being attended to by EMTs. ;)

----
Rubber side down..

http://www.ninja500r.info

·
Registered
757 Posts
Leave it. It's not like the bike will get more damaged if it lays on its side for a little longer until the owner comes, so really, me rushing to pick it up does not exactly qualify as "helping a fellow rider".

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've picked up 3 bikes and assisted in one other pick up all from crashes this season. If I saw a bike laying on it's side in a parking lot or something, as much as I'd want to pick it up... I think I'd leave it alone. There are too many possibilities for being blamed in knocking it over, or having an ugly encounter with a pissed off owner. If I happened to know the owner of the bike... then yeah I'd pick it up and fill them in on what happened.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
yea, wouldn't touch it. i'd want to but i'm not gonna get blamed for it either. if i saw someone picking mine up but claimed they didn't push it over, i'd always think they knocked it over and lied about it. if the person that knocked it over isn't going to pick it up and maybe/hopefully own up to it then i'd rather it laid there till i found it.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
I'm with all you guys. I'd probably leave it. Not only is it not getting more damaged laying there, but if you picked it up and the damage was minimal, and they came out and didn't notice it at first, then found it later I think they'd be even more pissed off, thinking someone was trying to hide it. I might leave a note saying I'm a fellow rider and saw the bike was down, and offer my help beating someone's ass. But I don't think I'd pick it up.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't think I'd pick it up. It would be my luck that the kickstand was broken, I'd pick it up, and it would fall again getting even more damaged lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
good question, at first i would think, hey thats messed up to leave it laying around. then yeah i wouldnt want to be blamed for tipping it

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would more than likely pick up someone else's bike just because if my bike was laid over for some reason, I would want someone to pick it up for me. Not just leave it there lying on its side

·
Registered
84 Posts
If they were there and couldn't do it on there own I would help... But if I was walking through a parking lot and there was a bike tipped over, I'd feel sorry for the person but would not want to get involved.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
If I had time, I would probably pick it up and wait for them to return and let them know that I saw it on its side and wanted to help a fellow biker out. If I didn't have time to wait for them, I would probably just pick it up and be on my way. It isn't good for them to lay on their sides.

--David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.