Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics I snapped at turn 4...I have an assload more, but I haven't had any time at all (I'm writing this now as I'm rushing to get out the door and wake up the girlie :(...so I'll have even more pics from today...I have something like 200 pics from yesterday all at 3000x2000...anyway, heres three quickies to tide you guys over...

Rossi in turn 4:

Rossi revving the piss out of the M1 and showing off after the second practice session:

Rossi drag racing Kenny Roberts Jr. after the practice session:

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I hate you [:M83]

I want to be there so friggin bad [:M60] but it just isn't in the cards this year. thanks for the pics!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, here's a few pics from today...Nicky Hayden's show-off wheelie. It was so awesome. Edwards and a few other guys lined up on turn four to pose for photos in front of the grandstands after qualifying, then started to take off, and right as they let their clutches out Nicky comes flying around turn 4, slams up a wheelie, flies past the other guys, and gives everyone the "peace" sign. Check this shit out, I was going nuts:

I have so many photos I don't even know what to do with them, and I'm so crunched for time because I have to get up way early to make it to the track tomorrow...there's going to be so many people there...and I'm with a girlie I haven't seen in a few years, so I'm taking her out tonight for dinner and a movie...anyway...I took some more photos today of AMA Superbike qualifying, and tons of MotoGP qualifying, and yesterday I took all kinds of photos of AMA SBK/SS, MotoGP, all over the paddock, and a bunch of pics of a Desmosedici RR (yes, they had one in the flesh, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS...it looked ok in the press shots, but in person I couldn't tear my eyes off it...)...but I just don't have the time! Keep checking back on this thread and I'll post up as I get them ready. Also, others at MGP, post up in this thread too. =)

As for the pics, it's a Nikon D70 digital with a Nikon ED 70-300mm telephoto lense. I'm shooting them at 3000x2000 pixels so I can get more on the memory cards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures man, I look forward to seeing more (but understand your time crunch, so do not rush yourself).

·
Registered
336 Posts
what time is the race? will it be on tv?

sorry if this makes me sound like an idiot but i dont usually keep up with the races, i just wanna know what time...;)

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by bkmster14
what time is the race? will it be on tv?

sorry if this makes me sound like an idiot but i dont usually keep up with the races, i just wanna know what time...;)
The actual race is at 2:00 PM PST. I'm not sure what time they're airing it, but I know they're airing it on Speed channel...I heard that one of the big guys is airing it, like ABC or NBC, but I couldn't verify that.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to hit the sack to get up in the moring, but here's a few more quickies of the doctor...not the greatest photography, and I haven't had a chance to drop them into photoshop to clean them up, but hey. I'm trying to post these in full resolution, so we'll see if it works.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, and Roger Hayden:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice pics [:p]

·
Registered
245 Posts
what kind of camera/lens did you use to take these? I was on turn 4 too as well as some other places and my 200mm lense wasn't enough. going to try and crop them and see how they turn out. definitely not as sharp as i would have liked though?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.