Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finially broke down and tried to see if a high mount from a 636 would bolt up to our bikes. I bought the entire set up for 55 bucks header and all so I didnt figure I would be out much if it didnt work. To my disbeliefe the header mounted right up and the mid pipe fit perfect, and the can just needed a tad bit of tweeking on th mounting bracket so as not to hit the tail. It came out very well in my opinion, but I think I am going to make my own bracket to mount the can as I can only use 1 hole currently. Anyway here are the pics.

·
Registered
939 Posts
yeah i was suprised to when i tried to see if it would fit.
i was going to make a custom exhuast from my stock one and the 636 so i could use 636 high mount but it works and gives you a little better low end power and torque since the 636 header has cross over pipes.

also you could cut a little off the mid pipe where it connects to the header and that will help with clearence and make the angle of the pipe match the tail better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
my 02 has a high mount.. I'm thinking it was originally a Micron high rise but i **** off the micron can and installed a new Yoshi, looks 10x's better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.