Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to having my new seat covers put on. I got them on Kawasaki.com, on clearance, for $19.95 for both of them. I also had the upholstery shop shave my seat. Man what a difference! I am now planted in the seat, no more sliding around. 100% difference. I was a little worried about having less padding but it is just as comfortable as stock, if not more. The covers and the labor to install them and shave the seat was still less than 1/2 the price of a Corbin [8D]

I also lowered the bike 3/4 of an inch. I am going to be hitting the dragstrips and am trying to keep the nose down as much as possible. I lowered the front the same amount as the back so handling is not affected, just a little less ground clearance. It's amazing what 3/4" will do, my bike feels like a toy now.

Well here are the pics: (and yes my bike is filthy right now)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Look spretty DAMN! good!
I got the same seat cover too.
My rear fit fine, and I cut the frotn seat myself, but just can't get the freaking cover on without wrikles on the sides! :( argh.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by kmn5

Look spretty DAMN! good!
I got the same seat cover too.
My rear fit fine, and I cut the frotn seat myself, but just can't get the freaking cover on without wrikles on the sides! :( argh.....
I was having the same problem, that's why I took it to a professional. They did an excellent job, they said they used lots of heat to get everything stretched out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by NinjaRider

how much did it cost you to have them do it?
It cost $100 for them to shave the seat and install both covers. I thought that was a fair price. So for $125 I got two new seat covers installed and a molded seat. Better looks than a Corbin IMO, for less than 1/2 the price [8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.