Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lubing my clutch cable last night and after reassembling it I went to work and parked my bike, well I went to lock my steering colum and noticed it didn't want to go all the way. After getting off work I went to inspect what the problem was and saw that my brake line got caught in the space where my original brake line use to get bolted into.

Long story short I rode home and the brakes seemed fine but I can easily see and feel where it got slightly pinched. Is it better to try and unpinch it or leave it alone? I am not too sure if I should replace them but since I just got them I am not really excited about having to buy another front pair.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Steel Braided lines, Spiegler to be more specific. I couldn't get the brake line to spin around but it is in a slight oval shape where it was pinched and the point where it was pinched isn't indented too bad. Looks worse in the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Steel Braided lines, Spiegler to be more specific. I couldn't get the brake line to spin around but it is in a slight oval shape where it was pinched and the point where it was pinched isn't indented too bad. Looks worse in the photo.
Looks like it got pinched pretty good. Since they're steel braided, I wouldn't mess with it. You may want to replace it for peace of mind, but as long as you're getting proper pressure to the front caliper, then you should be ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts