Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to check up on ya and see how you were doing after Hallett in August. I also wanted to let you know with your tips, I'm rapidly closing in on the 1:20's in both directions. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm healing up. My clavical is now super-sized.lol Bike is back together, well in street form anyways. Hopefully i'll be back on the track in a month or so. Congrats on the new lap times, and thanks for checking on me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its was my first year racing. I ran a couple of CMRA races and one CCS. I think she is talking about going from the 1:30's (1:30 to 1:39) to the 1:20's(1:20 to 1:29}And I wish i was running 1:20's at Hallett, maybe next year!lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear everything is going well. I'm gonna try and make Hallett again in November, feel like a road trip??? :D Seriously, glad to hear you got the bike together again, you'll have to shoot me an email next time you plan on being there, I'm talking to Scott/Connie about helping them out next year in the novice group (I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyhow)

Yeah, the first couple of times at Hallett (prior to the redo on the surface), I wasn't feeling the love (I think my best was 1:40's (high) so I was moving slower than dirt. This last two times, for some reason, something clicked (especially this last time, it was like flipping a switch) and my times went down like a rock in water. I think my best time over labor day running CCW was 1:31 and running CW was 1:35xx. Not too bad, I was pretty happy was my progress. That was on race tires that had 4 races and multiple practices on them too. I need some fresh rubber on them before the next track day though.

Gabe, to answer your question, I've raced CCS for 2 years now, usually I run up until the end of August and switch over to track days at that point. I was going to make Hastings this coming weekend, but my boyfriend blew apart the front of his R6 so I won't be going. Oh, well. More money for vacation in NOvember. I'm seriously debating hanging around here and running Hallett again or driving out to NM to take in Arroyo Seca. I got some buddies out there that swear by that track. I think it would be fun.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you are looking for another cool track check out www.motorsportranch.com The track flows very well and is one of my favorite. Im sure you know of the www.CMRAracing.com but thought I would throw it out for you as well. Texas has 2 new tracks in the works too. But it may not be worth the drive from Kansas.
-Gabe

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was lucky enough to get to run the full 3.1 mile course at motorsport ranch this year. It was awesome, the new section was a blast.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have vacation...hmmmmm, I'm always hunting for new tracks. Sheet, last year we drove to VIR (took almost 20 hours from KC to get there, but hey, WTH?) We may not be able to do it more than once a year, well, I don't know, we ran Barber twice last year and the year before that. I'll check into it. Thanks for the link

·
Registered
514 Posts
The CMRA is nice club to race with. I think NPR in La will be on the schedule for next year.
-Gabe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.