Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I installed these in some gauges. They are true pink, and true UV Black Light. They are not markers, cellephane, or modified LED's.

Here is a pic of the pink LED's I have.

Here are the pics of the successful LED swaps.

They turned out VERY nice in person, but I will not install UV gauges anymore, because they are damaging to the eyes. So please don't ask.

-Paul

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
What's the significance? Brighter?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Guess if you're wearing a white T-shirt it would be kinda cool.

That pink owns though. I so want it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by hoser
i dont get it either.... whats the singicance? poser value?
Are you serious? Lol, it's another mod to be done to the bike. Change the color of the gauges. Blue, White, Red, Green, etc.... Now pink and UV! [:M28]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
that's what I'm asking too. any mod is cool to me, because it's something different ideally.. but what is the difference between UV and a regular LED? I understand what UV is, but what is the significance of pink UV leds?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The significance is these LED's are not available in these colors. I also wanted to share with everyone these pictures so the can see what they look like.

Otherwise, pink makes your bike go faster, and UV gauges make the red lights at intersections turn green. LOL! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol good response!

it looks bad ass... I want that...
so what's the deal- theyre damaging to the eyes, well are you using them, or did you take pictures just to show what it would look like? I think it would be sweet if you had them in all the time

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by KarenaLei
lol good response!

it looks bad ass... I want that...
so what's the deal- theyre damaging to the eyes, well are you using them, or did you take pictures just to show what it would look like? I think it would be sweet if you had them in all the time
Yea, I just put them in to take pictures.

I did install them in a customers car a few days ago, and it looks great! But I have to change them, because I don't want to damage his eyes.

Here are some pics. It is a 2006 Scion TC with UV LED's. I cleared out the needles, put in a clear uv reactive paint, with white acrylic paint underneath. It gave it a good glow.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I don't get it. Any of it.

--David

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
I don't get it. Any of it.

--David
I do, it's HOT.

so whiteblazer, you do this for a living? mod ppl's cars? I love what you did to the scion- for that customer, what are you gonna change it to?

You know, I would love to have that done to my car/bike, then I wouldn't have to go tan my face in the booth so often! ^.~ I'd just wear my tanning goggles while driving... haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
if you're riding a bike, you SHOULD be wearing your helmet anyway... right? and doesnt the visor have uv protection?

is there anyway to get the same effect without the uv? isn't there regular neon that gives off the same effect/color?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by hoser

+1

this crap is crap... if UV is bad for your eyes who the hell wants it for in there gauges? thats dumb...
Please don't crap my thread. You are warned.

I'm saying they don't normally make these LED's. Try a google search for UV PLCC LED's, or pink PLCC LED'S. You won't find any available to buy.

I have a business account with a company that manufactures LED's, and they specifically engineered these UV and Pink LED's.

Now, since these are new, they sent me a test batch of 100 each. I tested it out before I place a full order. The UV LED's look great, but they can cause damage to the eyes, so therefore, I will not be placing any orders for UV LED's to be manufactured, but since the pink LED's turned out great, I will be ordering more of these.

David, I hope this helps you out. If not, let me know what exactly you don't get.

-Paul

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.