Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no "best". Its a matter that will be debated forever..

As you mentioned, Yosh and Akro are very popular pipes. I feel Akro has the best build quality, but Yosh rock too.
Hindle makes good pipes, and LOUD too. I've got a couple friends with Hindle, very nice.

Any pipe is going to give you some power increase, so it comes down to what do you think looks best, and what type of sound do you want.

For example Akro makes a nice deep sounds, whereas Hindle is a higher pitched noise.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
700 Posts
Once some more money comes my way, I'm gettin the full Hindle high pipe. Good price and good quality IMO.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You will not beat Akrapovic for quality, and the sound is pure heaven. [:p] I won't go back to anything else... although I really like the look of that Arata ti system as well...

Do a search of this forum for exhaust or a specific brand and you'll get dozens of inputs on EVERY exhaust manufacturer out there...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to know what pipes are the best, I see everyone talk about Yosh and akrapovic, but what about Muzzy and Hindle and such, I am just wondering, since I just bought a new 636 and am looking into pipes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just went on a 400 mile ride with 6 other guys, and they all had aftermarket pipes. Let me first say, NEVER get a D&D pipe. We made that guy ride in the back, because it sounded like shit! Two guys had Muzzy's, one on a 02 ZX6, and one on an 02 ZX12, and they both sounded sweet. I also liked the sound of a Hindle on a ZX-9, although it would obiously sound diffent on our bike. I'm leaning toward the Muzzy myself, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
DJ- Akrapovic should start paying you. You'd be their Salesman of the month......every month!

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
He does seem to be somewhat biased whenever the pipe discussion comes up doesn't he? Makes you wonder how big those checks he gets in the mail are:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I can get paid for this?? Woot !!!

Nah, seriously, I try to never badmouth other pipes, but honestly, owning one has really tainted me... I believe they're that good.

I feel as strongly about Arai helmets too, but again, I hate it when people tell you to do something or buy something just because they did, so I just try to give facts and opinions when asked and let people make their best judgement. There's lots of good pipes and helmets on the market, that's the truth. I just happen to think I've got the best in both. So yeah, I'm likely biased. [^]

Now how do I get my paychecks anyway??? [:eek:)]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.