Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted these tyres in the facory sizes to my 06 zx10 and would highly recomend to everyone, great feel, grip and responsiveness compared to the qualifiers, warm up v. fast, tested on road and track.;) anyone else used them?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yah, those are track day, DOT race tires. They come in different compounds. Not good for the street though for a few reasons. 1. They run out of heat cycles. 2. With oil and fluids on the street you could never take them to there potential. 3. They wear out fast, if you drive on the freeway with them you'll get a flat spot. 4. Slip in the rain. But like you said they have great feel and are excellent at the track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enuff comment though there are the dragon corsa pro special compound only used for track and the standard dragon corsa pros which are ok for the street, and I dont ride on long stretches of highway, take the twisty way home

·
Registered
554 Posts
See I learn something every day. I didn't know they had a special street compound. I thought they only had SC-0,1,2,3 for track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.