Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fella's,

Has anyone used the new Supercorsa SC version 2 tires? I have been using the Superbike PRO slick this track day season and have not been impressed with the amount of grip in the rear tire. I'm consistantly spinning the back tire on corner exit. I know Pirelli markets the Superbike PRO as a track day tire mainly for endurance, but I'd rather pay for better grip, than questionable grip and more life out of the tire. My local Pirelli distributer recommended the new Supercorsa SC version 2's. I went with a SC1 front and and SC2 rear and had them mounted yesterday. I just wanted to get some feedback if anyone has used this tire on the track.

I'll be able to report back my feedback after 31 Aug, I have a track day at Auto Club Speedway, then its off to Laguna Seca for a track day Sep 13th!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have only used the Dunlop Sportmax Q2's on the track, and I haven't had any slipping at all. I'm not the fastest rider out there, but I'm not slow either.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
run them all the time :D they are quite a bit better than last years. Are you running the 180/60 rear?? as far as the sliding, thats just the superbike pro, its an extremely hard carcass & very deceiving once you get up to pace on them while they appear to be unworn, they are typically gone before you know it & next thing you know you're going for a ride to the moon

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J,

Yeah I'm running a 180/55 Supercorsa SC2 rear. I wanted to run the 190/55, but my local Pirelli Rep told me they're not making a 190 rear in the new Supercorsa, only 180 and 200. I have 2 track days now (Auto Club Speedway and Laguna Seca) on the new Supercorsa, and I love the tire. I'm running a SC1 front and love the feedback. The grip is day and night better than the Superbike Pro's but like good sticky tires, I'm sure they wont last long. What compund and how many track days are you getting out of your Supercorsa's?

run them all the time :D they are quite a bit better than last years. Are you running the 180/60 rear?? as far as the sliding, thats just the superbike pro, its an extremely hard carcass & very deceiving once you get up to pace on them while they appear to be unworn, they are typically gone before you know it & next thing you know you're going for a ride to the moon

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Another thing i found out is they will last longer on a lightly abrasive track as compared to a medium abrasive track. I got 4 days out of a rear at Grattan Raceway, but then my last event i went through an entire sc2 rear in one day LOL (tire wear was PERFECT). Did back to back sessions on the old vs new sc2 180/60 also, i dropped .3 seconds just buy having the new compound on, whether it was a head game or not i dunno, but i went out and railed the same as i always do

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
yes I had the sc0's on my track bike...super sticky...I personally didn't like them...but purposeinlife loves the sc's.

I found them to give a bit too much vague feedback. Like you were just throwing the bike into a corner not knowing if you were actually gonna make the turn lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Diablo Supercorsa is one of my favorite tires at the track. I run the SC1 front and SC2 Rear as well. I always stay on top of my tire pressure and have had great tire wear. The tires react very well to warmers and never appear greasy. My riding confidence has soared since having these on the bike due to how predictable they are. If there is any sliding present, the transition from the slide to traction is consistent and again predictable. Note - I have only noticed sliding when the track is extremely cold or slightly wet.

I wouldn't recommend the tire for a wet track. There isn't enough siping on the edge to deal with the water. Look to the Diablo Rosso Corsa for a more versatile tire and a better option for a dual duty bike (street and track).

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I found them to give a bit too much vague feedback. Like you were just throwing the bike into a corner not knowing if you were actually gonna make the turn lol.
i've never had that issue, they talk to you more than any tire on the market to me, the new michelin's talk quite a bit as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts