Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my bike from the shop from getting my DCIII's put on, which I can tell already are going to be great. Weird thing is, my bike leans over farther than it ever did before, even when it and the Bridgestones were new. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the air pressure, it's good. The tires are the same size as the battleaxes. When my bike was 3 weeks old it tipped off the stand. I replaced the rear set and fairing, eliminating all signs of my shame! but since then I am uber paranoid about the stand, and it def leans more now, so I guess the Pirellis are taller than the 'stones. Incidentally, when my back tire was flat (from the nail) it wouldn't stand up anywhere! Just an inch or too makes a dramatic difference!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have supercorsa's on right now and it does make a difference. I sat them side by side and it was about 1/2 inch difference... although my battle axe was a little worn out to say the least.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I just picked up my bike from the shop from getting my DCIII's put on, which I can tell already are going to be great. Weird thing is, my bike leans over farther than it ever did before, even when it and the Bridgestones were new. Has anyone else noticed this?
This is common, no worries the tire just has a different profile than your other one. Throw some Metzler M3's on there and watch it really lean!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have never had a problem with the sidestand B/C

A) I run Pirellis and they are taller than the Bstones

B) I added 10mm in rear ride height so that helps also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.