Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody riding on these tyres? So how good are they, the right up in the Australian Rapid magazine was A++++ for road and track.

·
Registered
168 Posts
how is the turn in. I've heard the pilot powers just flop into corners without a lot of effort on the riders part. How similar are the Pirrelli's?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Pilot Powers have a more oval shape to the tire (very noticable when the tire is not mounted on a wheel), which is why the turn in is very quick. The Corsas, Diable Corsas (and I assume Corsa III, which are replacement for the Diablo Corsa) have a near perfect cicular shape, which makes them very linear as far as turn in.

I've ridden with both types (Pilot Powers and the old Diable Corsas) both street and track and, so far, I like them both. I do have to say that the Diable Corsas are a bit softer rubber, which makes them stickier then the Powers.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just got a pair a few weeks ago during the buy a rear get a front free deal. I have not had them mounted yet but from all the research I did before ordering them they sound to be some of most favored tires among riders that have tried them all. Im sure they are badass tires.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i always hear the best from the corsas and piliot powers...the dunlop qualifiers are supposed to good too but idk

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have been on the track and street with the tires!!! I did the buy one get one deal as well!!!

The only thing I have noticed about them...as they were new towards the end of a long track day at VIR...my 10R will squirm under power when the tires were hot! I did not have the same type of issue with say a Stone 002 DOT tire...but it could just be a characteristic of the Pirelli.

My last words...for the money....worth buying them!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I only paid around $160 shipped...the terms of the deal was to buy from a Parts Unlimited dealer!:D

And when I say squirm..I mean the rear....the front was really good and very responsive! They are running it in WSS this year!

·
Registered
552 Posts
2 track days on them and they've had great traction. Turn in is pretty good and linear. And they hold a line pretty good. They also were very predictable under all the bumps and ripples at Autobahn South. I did have a weired front end slide at the end of my second session that I can't explain however coming out of hot pit but I'm sure its my fault somehow.

I think it was a combination of cold track and I gave it too much countersteer trying to come out of the bleed line. If you haven't ever been to that track its got the wierdest bleed line. Its on the outside of a double apex right hander and its about 3 feet wide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.