Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and what are some good internals to buy.... kinda new to the drag scene and pullin high 10's to low mid quarters with a basically stock 05 636..... trying to put it in the high 9's or keep it in the low 10's. help plz

·
Registered
343 Posts
Where and what are some good internals to buy.... kinda new to the drag scene and pullin high 10's to low mid quarters with a basically stock 05 636..... trying to put it in the high 9's or keep it in the low 10's. help plz
I got 70 horse of nitrous on stock internals with 05 6rr cams and ported head went 9.23 at 151 went 9.75 at 135 on motor with just powercommander airfilter, and racefuel and a pipe is all you need along with a 1.46 60ft and a 125lb rider worlds quickest 636. If you just want to run motor then you wont need any beefy stuff just the basics Lowerd strapped , powercommander , air filter, slipon, race fuel, and airshifter, geared for the top of 6th at the traps. Its gona take a 1.48 to 1.50 60 ft to go 9.99 but it can be done with the above mentioned stuff

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my big problem.... i wish when it came to racing i was 125. im 175 so im tryin to do a little more work to the motor to pull my weight and i dont get what u mean by the 6th..... do u have any sites for parts?

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
i say regear the bike if u havent already, stretch, airshifter, pc and some some seat time and u should see low 10's and with a mild shot of gas u could easily see high 9's

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got 70 horse of nitrous on stock internals with 05 6rr cams and ported head went 9.23 at 151 went 9.75 at 135 on motor with just powercommander airfilter, and racefuel and a pipe is all you need along with a 1.46 60ft and a 125lb rider worlds quickest 636. If you just want to run motor then you wont need any beefy stuff just the basics Lowerd strapped , powercommander , air filter, slipon, race fuel, and airshifter, geared for the top of 6th at the traps. Its gona take a 1.48 to 1.50 60 ft to go 9.99 but it can be done with the above mentioned stuff
LOL...Steve you make it sound so easy!!

My advice,

(1) Let Steve ride your bike, if your not that lucky continue on to my #2 suggestion

(2) like 768-ryda said the best thing right now is seat time

(3) lower,strap front, re-gear for 6th (this means that when you cross the finish line on the 1/4 mile you should be in 6th gear and at redline at this point), PC, race fuel and extensions. This should get you in the low-mid 10's

(4) if you want to go high 9's, again give your bike to Steve, if not you better have some $$ to spend, it's not easy putting a small 600 in the 9's, especially for the average joe.

Best of luck, keep us informed as to your progress.

Oh I forgot to mention, Steve is the World's Fastest on a 600!! So listen and hear to what ever he has to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts