Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a friend who is a plumber/pipefitter who used to have a bike.he told me he used his abs epoxy for plumbing to patch his fairings before.he said this bonds to the plastic better than just plastic epoxy that you buy.anyone else heard of this?
p.s.im only patching a broken piece back on thats 1 inch by 2 inch.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Sort of. I've used ABS solvent to repair broken panels before. It takes a little bit of practice to get it right (using a spare bit of fairing will help you get it right), but it's very strong when you do get it right.

I've never heard of ABS epoxy, but that doesn't mean anything.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think thats what he said abs solvent.im thinking of trying it.i have a 1x2 inch piece that broke off on the corner of my nose fairing where it meets the side fairing.i think i may try to fuse it back together.
Originally posted by Nigel
Sort of. I've used ABS solvent to repair broken panels before. It takes a little bit of practice to get it right (using a spare bit of fairing will help you get it right), but it's very strong when you do get it right.

I've never heard of ABS epoxy, but that doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Napa has some plastic welding two part epoxy that works wonders. Comes in a plain black tube, squirt mix and apply. I found it works best if you take a dremel or drill with a burr on it and V out the crack area on both sides.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Im alabout 3m's product called "duramix" the 4010 compund is perfect for the bikes and ive use id on many of my friends bikes. Its designed for the material of the bike fairing, it is also very stong and flexable so it will not crack with stress

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.