Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use flexible bumper repair kits from Autozone. I don't have a brand name, but it was a white and green box- 2 part epoxy- and it worked incredibly for everything from shaving my grab bars, repairing a crack in the front fender, repairing my car's bumper, filling in deep scratches, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently used Plastex to repair two small cracks in a fairing and replace a tab. This stuff is strong and has not failed. Do a google on the word Plastex or you can find it on Ebay where I bought mine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
thanks for the great replys I recently cracked my front fairing tightening the winscreen bolt too tight

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've used ABS epoxy many times and it works great. It doesn't look as clean on the backside of the repaired panel as actual plastic welding does. Just use the ABS/plastic epoxy on the backside of the panel, not the frontside. Also scuff up the cracked area where the glue is to be applied so it sticks well. Use plastic filler to fill in any scratches or flaws on the good side of the panel, then sand it down smooth. [8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.