Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost done completing a full restoration on my newly acquired 1995 zx6r f1 here is what I found in the carbs in detail with the mods done and I'm in need of a second opinion whether to keep or change the main jets. (A Theoretic answer given the scenario would be best )
Service manual calls for main jet cyl #1 & #2
(#145) , #3 &#4 (#150)

I noticed the jets in it are #130 across all carbs. With the modifications stated does that sound balanced ? Theoretically speaking should the jets be a higher number and match the 1&2 ,3&4 pattern?

1995 Kawasaki zx6r -f1

617cc bore kit
48 rear sprocket 15 front
Slip on Yoshi exhaust but actually has bigger tubing welded starting from the oil pan out ( kind of a shabby JOb but I believe the headers are stock.)
Valve adjustment done
Pilot screw 2.5turns out
Jet needle on 3rd groove
Pilot jet is the stock #35
Currently doesn't have an air box ( deciding whether to do indie pods or Just get the stock air box with a k&n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Almost done completing a full restoration on my newly acquired 1995 zx6r f1 here is what I found in the carbs in detail with the mods done and I'm in need of a second opinion whether to keep or change the main jets. (A Theoretic answer given the scenario would be best )
Service manual calls for main jet cyl #1 & #2
(#145) , #3 &#4 (#150)

I noticed the jets in it are #130 across all carbs. With the modifications stated does that sound balanced ? Theoretically speaking should the jets be a higher number and match the 1&2 ,3&4 pattern?

1995 Kawasaki zx6r -f1

617cc bore kit
48 rear sprocket 15 front
Slip on Yoshi exhaust but actually has bigger tubing welded starting from the oil pan out ( kind of a shabby JOb but I believe the headers are stock.)
Valve adjustment done
Pilot screw 2.5turns out
Jet needle on 3rd groove
Pilot jet is the stock #35
Currently doesn't have an air box ( deciding whether to do indie pods or Just get the stock air box with a k&n

Not everyone runs the richer mains on the inside two cylinders. One jet size doesn't make much of a difference. My understanding is that the inside cylinders run hotter, and the extra fuel keeps them a small bit cooler. Run some #132s if you have a pair. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not everyone runs the richer mains on the inside two cylinders. One jet size doesn't make much of a difference. My understanding is that the inside cylinders run hotter, and the extra fuel keeps them a small bit cooler. Run some #132s if you have a pair. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks man ! That makes total sense ! I'm going to stick with what's on then for now and see how it runs .

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Also keep in mind the jet sizes in the service manual are for the stock jet type. If your new jets are aftermarket (dyno jet for instance) the numbers are not directly comparable. Do you have aftermarket (adjustable) needles ? If so the factory jet sizes probably won't mean anything either as most aftermarket needles have much more aggressive profiles and won't work well with the factory jetting most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts