Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright today i was riding around all day fine...

I got home...then went to leave like an hour later and it was hard to turn the bars. Like somthing is holding it back or bent or like pulling against it.

So i ride and when i make a left it like pulls to the left i actually have to push the bars to the right to keep it steady on a turn, and vice versa for the right side...

The only thing I can think of is like doing wheelies? I did a few today. 1 that i really slammed it down, im 160lbs. Could that have bent sumthin???

Has anyone had this problem??

·
Registered
323 Posts
nah things dont get bent from comming down out of a wheelie...if anyting your front tire needs some air...might have a slow leak

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, thats another thing i thought but i checked the pressure and thats fine...

ughh

thanks for the reply

but whatelse can i check

·
Registered
344 Posts
my guess would be steering stem bearings. A guy with an R1 has to bring his in to my shop to get his tightened every month or two because they loosen up from the amount of wheelies that he does.

We had to replace the bearings on a 2000 zx6 because the bearing race had a divet in it. it felt like he had a detent when the wheel was straight. You may have something like that going on.

If you have a way to raise the front end of the bike and still be able to turn the handlebars ( jack under the head pipes ) you can check the bearings yourself.

after the wheel is off the ground - with the wheel pointing straight - tap the front of the wheel to the left or right. If bearings are tightened properly the wheel will slowly swing that way. If it swings quickly the bearings are too loose. If it doesn't swing at all - they are either too tight or worn & should probably be replaced.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thats got to be it, the Steering Stem bearings, the bike has 1450 miles on it. I did about 15-20 wheelies total and they arent even high maybe like a foot off the ground each time...(im still learning) do these bearings go that quick?

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
omg shoot me now

i checked the pressure AGAIN in the tire...........0 completly no air pressure at all...

throw some air in ...bikes fine

FLAME ME ALL YOU WANT

I AM SO STUPID!!! but im very happy its not anything serious now

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeaaa i will tomorrow morning

you think from a wheelie like a blew out the air sumwhere

·
Registered
344 Posts
Originally posted by Greenisfaster
Yes thats got to be it, the Steering Stem bearings, the bike has 1450 miles on it. I did about 15-20 wheelies total and they arent even high maybe like a foot off the ground each time...(im still learning) do these bearings go that quick?
My customer w/ the R1 is doing 2-3 mile long high speed (80-100 mph) wheelies and coming down pretty hard sometimes. I'd say your bearings are fine if you're not coming down really hard. When you get your next front tire installed - you may check (or have the mechanic check) your steering stem bearings - but I would guess that they should be fine.

I wasn't aware that you only had 1450 miles on the bike. I hear "wheelie" and assume they are @ or close to BP. Over time it may cause you problems if you do wheelies often.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
either you broke the beads on the tire, bend the rims, or the valve is jacked.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup pcracks25....you were right the whole time...sorry haha

Thanks!!

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok morning arrives check the tire NO PRESSURE AGAIN

ugh, do i have to buy a new tire now?? or can i get it patched?

how much do shops charge me?

·
Powerhungry
37,963 Posts
Originally posted by Greenisfaster
ok morning arrives check the tire NO PRESSURE AGAIN

ugh, do i have to buy a new tire now?? or can i get it patched?

how much do shops charge me?
that all depends on where its leaking. you need to find out where first. it may be able to be patched. or maybe its just the valve stem.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
true, ill bring it over to the shop tomorrow.......

how much do they usually charge for a patch?
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" new tire?

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can i use a can of that fix a flat stuff?? for the time being?

like a week or 2?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.