Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered one of my cowling bolts fell off during one of my rides. I have went to the owner's center on the Kawasaki website and looked up the schematics and parts that are missing (bolt 92153, washer 92200, collar 92152 in the "cowling lowers" schematic). However apparently these are just the first 5 numbers of the full 9 number part number and when searching specifically for the collar I end up with a $65 ish part for the front wheel hub assembly which is not what I am trying to find. So as a new rider/ owner I am seeking help as to how I am supposed to obtain the correct parts and proper part numbers and who does everyone use to buy parts and mods from ty for everyone's help in advance!

I have posted the pictures below of the throttle side (where the hardware in question is missing) and the clutch side (where the same setup still exists) for reference.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know they did stuff like that THANK YOU!
92153-0478, Bolt, 6X18
92152-1359, Collar
92200-0157, Washer
Approximately $10 total.
Already processed unfortunately shipping was equal to the parts but I am just happy to have what I need on the way to put her back together whole again! Thank you so much! for some reason I never went to partzilla home page and when I went I saw the configurator for your specific make model ride and it is sad their system shows more detail and information than the dealers site. I kept using google to search for the specific part number I had access to and when it took me to partzilla it took me to the wrong product page because it was doing it's best to fill in the missing info I guess. I know where I will be searching for part numbers from now on! I would delete this post (if I can) but I think it could help others to leave it up even though it was just a blonde moment for me...

tldr: Thank you, and the parts are already on the way! I am a dunce. XD

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't know they did stuff like that THANK YOU!

Already processed unfortunately shipping was equal to the parts but I am just happy to have what I need on the way to put her back together whole again! Thank you so much! for some reason I never went to partzilla home page and when I went I saw the configurator for your specific make model ride and it is sad their system shows more detail and information than the dealers site. I kept using google to search for the specific part number I had access to and when it took me to partzilla it took me to the wrong product page because it was doing it's best to fill in the missing info I guess. I know where I will be searching for part numbers from now on! I would delete this post (if I can) but I think it could help others to leave it up even though it was just a blonde moment for me...

tldr: Thank you, and the parts are already on the way! I am a dunce. XD
I usually order from Revzilla, Cycle Gear or j&p. (I have an RPM account) I have only had my ninja 650 since March and I’ve had to replace bolts twice. Same with my 300. My recommendation is to order a bit of everything including the plastic rivets that hold the under side of the cowling so you have them on hand. While you’re at it, order a sweet Kawasaki tshirt. It will save you on shipping! Happy riding.
Best,
Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts