Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my PC3 in the mail from a guy on kawiforums and no instructions were included. I checked the website briefly but couldnt find what i needed. I own a 03' zx6r and want to know if anyone has a copy of the instalation instructions, or maybe a copy they could scan for me? That would be a huge help! Also any custom maps for a k+n, yoshi slip.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just installed it last night. went really well, Im not sure what map im running on, but its running better than ever so far. My bro's coming over with the laptop so we can tune it right. I just have a yosh slip and im waiting for my k+n to come in the mail. Any suggestions on what map i should run with stock filter?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If its new it will be a zero map, will keep standard settings. if its second hand then save the map cos it "might" be a good one, then try something else and ride it. Could be better could be worse trial and error until you find one that you like.
I think you need the ignition on to get the PC and laptop to communicate, otherwise use the 9v battery lead.
With the stock filter you could just increase the fueling across all three ranges by one led, with the manual adjustment, that should richen the mixture to counter the leaning effect of the slip on, but ride it after each change.
Good luck

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bro came over and got it tuned. I got mine off of this site used for 190 shipped. Pretty good deal i suppose, but it didnt come with the velcro strap or 9v power cable so i had to put it in the bike before being able to load a map. I installed it myself, pretty cool, I learned a lot from taking everything apart. Anyways, I used a custom map from a guy on this site for a k+n filter (which came yesturday and installed nicely, wierd fit tho) and micron pipe. The difference is quite noticable, midrange rocks now and the bike you can tell is much quicker. I raced my buddy's 400hp turbo civic before the install and he was less than a second behind me (fucker's quick as hell) we only went to 110, then i backed off cuz i was running on a bald ass tire. New Perelli Diablo armed now with k+n filter and PC3 we'll have to do it again. :D On the test run yesturday it really got up to 125 pretty damn quick and the power curve seems MUCH smoother and confident. IF you have a pipe and dont have one. GET ONE and get a filter while you're at it. I got mine on ebay for $37.00. These mods definatly put the "oh shit!" (you know what im talking about [:p]) effect back into the bike. I'll let you know how badly I smoke the civic next time. Unless he brings his race gas (460hp at 20psi). But even then it wouldnt matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.