Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new rider and just bought a used 2003 ninja zx-6r. The front left turn signal does not blink at all and the rear one blinks fast. I replaced the bulb thinking this may be the problem but no dice. Is this a fuse or relay issue and if so how do I go about changing them? I don't have the owners manual and am not even sure where the fuse box is located. Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't know very much about my bike yet.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
it shouldn't be a fuse since the fuse controls all the turn signals...did you make sure that it's even plugged in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, even swapped out front and rear bulbs and had same result. I tried the two new bulbs I bought and the bulb from the rear turn signal and never got the front to blink but always had the same result on the rear blinker (blinking fast). Obviously a novice question, but are all turn signals controlled by only one fuse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the bike from a friend of mine and only has 1050 miles on it (actually was last registered in 2007). He is in the same boat as me and knew very little about the mechanics of the bike. If it is a wiring issue, am I looking for something to be disconnected? He told me he never messed with anything on the bike so I'm not sure how the wiring would have become an issue.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Over the winter, I had a mouse make a nest under my seat and chewed some wires near my battery and ECU. Had to repair a couple wires and cover some shielding on some with electrical tape. Just goes to show you never know until you rip her open and find out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
And if you're a new rider, welcome! Time to get the hands dirty and pry her open. Knowing your bike inside and out will make riding it feel way cooler and the sense of pride you get from working on it is a huge plus. Things are usually pretty easy but if you need help don't hesitate to search the forum or even google.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
sounds like your front isnt "plugged" in

the back is blinking faster because instead of splitting the amperage between the front and back, the front isnt getting any, and the back is getting all the amperage, making it blink faster

last registered in 2007 huh.....
has it been sitting since 2007?
since you're new to motorcycles, go over the 636 subforum and look up maintenance stuff
or take it to a shop and have them service it

welcome and have fun riding :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took off the panel and found one of the wires must have lost connectivity, pushed it back in wrapped it with electrical tape and working like a charm. Thank you for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts