Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im looking for some race replica ideas... please help by sending me pics or links or whatever you can on some options.... here is a picture of my bike now....

thanx everyone!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why the hell would somebody paint their KAWI the Yamaha retro colors? Dammnit whose bike is that? I remember this picture in an old thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey moron have you ever heard of akrapovic headers... jealous people always runnin there mouth... i had the evolution series full system but it was waaaaay to quiet so i took the actual exhuast off and kept the titanium headers

·
28,939 Posts
so you went from a full Akrapovic titanium set-up... the sweetest system on the planet, to straight pipes that will melt your ecu... ok... the AKRA headers are a different size than the OEM headers, how did that work with connecting to the hotbodies setup?

anyhow, i like what your trying to do. just need to get rid of that green shit in your tread, and get some contrast with your decals. too much green. there are a few pics on here of 05 race replicas, and they look pretty sweet... good luck man and keep us updated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
that shit in the tread of tires looks like shit! jmo, nothing wrong with stickers, but for christ sake man, if your gonna have a sticker, at least have something from that co, and if you get rid of the exhaust, change the fucking sticker! i agree, i cant comprehend WHY you would get rid of the acro for the POS hot bodies...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys, I've been searching my ass off for some good pics a 05 race replica.

Anyone who can help a brotha out?

Oh yeah, and Akra f**kin' rule[}:)]

·
Emperor
39,512 Posts
Hey, these guys are right. Don't put the stickers on if you don't have the goods. There's nothing wrong with building a race replica bike, I'm building one myself, but I'm not going to put Dunlop stickers on a bike equipped with Michelins, etc. A true replica takes more than vinyl and adhesive to make it a replica. Buy some parts, even if it's just a K&N, DID chain and sprockets, and some NGK's. Then track down the decals on feebay. People will have a lot more respect for you and your bike.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Originally posted by GreenRanger
Hey, these guys are right. Don't put the stickers on if you don't have the goods. There's nothing wrong with building a race replica bike, I'm building one myself, but I'm not going to put Dunlop stickers on a bike equipped with Michelins, etc. A true replica takes more than vinyl and adhesive to make it a replica. Buy some parts, even if it's just a K&N, DID chain and sprockets, and some NGK's. Then track down the decals on feebay. People will have a lot more respect for you and your bike.
........+++1 on that. i have a bunch of ghay ass stickers on my lowers , but ihave all the parts related to the stickers on (or in) my bike........

·
Registered
648 Posts
but each manufacturer sticker from which you don't own anything gains you 10 HP...

just bustin your balls, the bike looks good. You do need a little more contrast on it though, too much black and green right now.

·
Registered
390 Posts

Here is a picture of a replica that I found. Remember if you are trying to make a replica bike, keep it clean and not to busy. I would get rid of the green on the tires. But it is your bike, so do what ever makes you happy. Keep us up to date, and good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You must be the man, booger. I bet with your pc3, velocity stacks, AND those angel eyes, your bike does 200+, huh? I aspire to be as cool as you...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bro open your eyes look at the bike ... i have everything on there...
vortex sprockets, rearsets, bar ends, spools, oil cap
gpr- steering stabilizer
michelin- pilot power tires
rk- gold chain
ngk- spark plugs
bmc- race air filter
factory pro- velocity stacks, pro match fuel injectors
muzzys- euro turn signals
clear alternatives- intergrated tail light
hot bodies racing- exhaust
goodridge- steel brake lines
kawasaki- seat cowl
the only one that isnt on the bike right now is the attack performance one because they are the racefairings i bought to get painted...
what do you have? funny how i was just asking for an idea and everyone throws out a bunch of bs... over a single sticker lol. guy tells me to go buy sprockets and shit when there already on there open your eyes man... here ill make it easier for you...
puig- double bubble screen
ebc- brake pads
lochart phillips- frame sliders
diamond powersports- res. caps, valve caps

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.