Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Z1000, but obviously this would be the best place to look for info. I crashed my beloved 636 & due to many reasons I want to build her back naked. I love the look of the Z1000 headlight/fairing/whatever you call it & have choosen to use this as a headlight on my bike for multiple reasons. I love the way it looks, it is also a factory piece so color, fit, finish will be up to factory specs. i don't like the look of the cheap bolt on street fighter lights & the dirt bike lights look like crap in my oppinion also. the gauge also looks just like the tach assembly of the 636, which is another big plus 'cause i love my tach & all it's features. any way, how does the fairing of the Z1000 attach to the bike? does it clamp around the forks, or bolt to the triple clamp? i have searched forums & the net only to come up with nothing. i do know that the forks are the same diameter (unless I am mistaken) they should both be 41mm. oh, and the 636 is an '06. any help would be greatly appriciated

Raymond

·
Registered
23 Posts
Raymond,

Great idea but i dont think anyone could tell you if all those parts are that interchangable but what i would do is go to Kawasaki.com and pull up the parts diagrams for both bikes. Place your windows side by side of each bike and study the assembly and look at part numbers. i was told that 636 forks fit on a 650R with no modification. On the flip side i was told or read that 636 forks dont exactly fit a 750S. some modding is needed but i dont know what the modding would be. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that an 03-04 636's forks are the same as a 03-06 Z1000's. I just need to know how the Z1000 fairing connects to the bike, i can't find diagrams anywhere. any owners of Z1000s out there simply let me know how the fairing attaches & i can probly figure the rest out myself. thanks again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
& dosen't the 750s have regular forks versus the Z1000 having inverted forks? completely different daimeter we're dealing with.i have also studied the Z1000 top clamp & the key is to the right of the nut, whereas the 636 has the key cylinder to the left of the nut, so if the headlight fairing does attach to the top triple clamp i can most likely just get the top triple clamp & headlight fairing from a Z1000 & trade it out because the key cylinder looks exactly the same...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here is a picture of the lower mount, cant see the upper. You might have to get Z1000 triple clamps or be willing to drill holes in yours.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it bolts into the lower clamp... is this the only attachment point? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
For parts diagrams go to kawasaki.com. Then select "motorycles" and click on "owner info" which will give you the option of "parts diagrams." Then all you have to do is follow the steps on selecting your bikes make and model. It's a really cool feature of the website and also very helpful.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot, i've never been able to find the parts diagram at kawasaki

·
Registered
377 Posts
That headlight setup is going to block you ram air intake. Would love to see you do it though. I have been thinking about the same thing for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.