Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to order the AP quietcore but I'm trying to decide between the 18" vs the 15". If people have pics of either please post them. Preferably pics from various angles (side view vs back view). Thanks in advance

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think you should be more concerned on how it sounds instead of how it looks. If you want it to be louder, then get the shorter one. If loud isnt for you, then go for the 18".

Thats just how I would make my decision... When youre riding the bike, you dont see the exhaust, you hear it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm going to order the AP quietcore but I'm trying to decide between the 18" vs the 15". If people have pics of either please post them. Preferably pics from various angles (side view vs back view). Thanks in advance
have you searched? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Yeah the pictures are out there. And Area P makes 3 "common" lengths (In reality they can probably customize damn near any length you want). The MOST common was the 12"... Then kkim and a bunch of people were looking for a quieter can so they came up with an 18" can. THEN some more people wanted something in between and they came up with the 15" can.

But Aloh is correct. The length of the can isn't an 'aesthetics' thing. The longer the can, the quieter it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes but i believe they use the 2" core on both the 12" and the 15", and i think they only use the 1.75"core on the 18" which is what really makes it quieter. (it may be the other way around, but I tihnk I'm right). Anyways I prefer the look of the longer 18" can for some reason, although I've never seen the 15" in person.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i saw those pics when i was doing a search before too but i dont like the flat end cap, i like the oldschool tip more. I'm most likely going to go with the 18" I think it flows better with the lines of the bike. I'm really not a fan of stubby cans. THanks for replies

·
Registered
61 Posts
while we are all talking area p I'ma threadjack and ask if anyone got a link to where u can buy a full area-p on the net that will ship to Australia for a decent price?

·
Registered
154 Posts
FYI...ive got a full system for sale, carbon fiber short version. Its in perfect shape with under 100 miles of use. See my classified ad in the for sale sectio or message me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you should be more concerned on how it sounds instead of how it looks. If you want it to be louder, then get the shorter one. If loud isnt for you, then go for the 18".

Thats just how I would make my decision... When youre riding the bike, you dont see the exhaust, you hear it.
aloh makes a good point here. Talking with Kerry Bryant (president of Area P) yesterday he said that the difference in the 18" and 15" was +3 dbA on the 15". I didn't ask, but I'm sure that would be at idle and would probably break the 100 dbA at 5000RPM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts