Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having one of those moments where I can't make a decision for myself. I need a set of stands and the search produced some good stuff, but I need advice from people who have had their stands for a while and have not had any problems

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've got the Heindle and am pretty satisfied with them. I got them for about 200.00 with the spindles. I really like the Pit Bulls although they're a little pricey. Even though neither of these has the "double" wheels on them, I think I would like that extra strength next time. So far the Heindles have held up really good.:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had Lockhart Phillip's stands for over a year and I haven't had any issues. Good price and solid quality. (Rear spool and front head lift)

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
the Pitbull stands are well made & work fine.

·
Powerhungry
38,168 Posts
ive got whatever ones my dealer had. and ive gotta say. i love them. they are very solid.
i dont even remember wtf theyre called tho. about $70 each, so not too bad.
a buddy just picked up a pair for like $80. i havent seen them , but he says theyre adjustable for height. and pretty beefy. EBAY ofcourse.
i myself would be a bit hesitant about getting any THAT cheap.

·
Registered
879 Posts
PitBulls all the way. I got my set for about $275 after tax. Damn pricey, but these babies will last forever. Super stable too. I don't have spools on my swingarm either. When you put your bike on these, its not going anywhere. You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
883 Posts
i got the checkered flag motorsport ones.

you are supporting your kawiforum with the buy and you get excellent customer service and a great product at a great price

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Pitbul because you can get them at cyclegear in norfolk and get a discount!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Checkered Flag! Can't beat their price! And I really like them, solid product. Can't image what can you do better to them and why pay more for other brands? My .02[8D]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,454 Posts
If you're getting a set of stands, I say go with Pit Bull. Their front steering stem stand is invaluable if you do your own work, and their products are very beefy. But if you're just getting a rear stand, the brand really doesn't matter. As far as they're concerned, a stand is a stand is a stand, unless it's all tin and shit. Pretty much any of the big guys will work, and I'd reccommend going with forum sponsors, just to be supportive of the community. I have a "Micron" stand that I got for free (I don't think Micron makes it...the micron badge is just stuck on there as an afterthought, plus it actually works, and hasn't fallen apart on me). I don't know how anyone can own a motorcycle without at least a rear stand. :/

·
Registered
562 Posts
[:Agree]

--Anthony

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[:++1] thats why i'm getting them, but I was waiting cause my roommates are now ready to chip in

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.