Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I rode the Great Ocean Road earlier today on the GPX250 (aka Ninja250) and ZZR250. Took a few pics along the way and I thought this one might get a laugh out of the ZX6R/9R riders who like to poke fun at poor little 250s - was the sign on the wall intended for our bikes?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
That's pretty funny. It'd be better if the bikes were GSX-R's :D:D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by NinjaRider
Rubbish indeed

Just jokin with ya, but do you have any more pics? Looks like a nice ride
One of the problems with riding somewhere scenic (rather than driving) is that it's a lot more effort to get the camera out when you're wearing gloves and a full face helmet with a tinted visor! There were heaps of things I wished I could have taken photos of, eg:
- the sign warning of koalas for the next 25km
- the sign advising foreign visitors in rental cars to remember that Australians drive on the left side of the road
- the sulphur crested cockatoo that decided to join us for lunch (and was gone as soon as we found the camera)

Here's a few more anyway:

this is what the road is like for most of the way - cut into the cliffs and snaking around the coast (notice the nice curves you get!):

Loch Ard Gorge (a rock formation along the Great Ocean Rd that became famous in 1878 when a ship from England called the Loch Ard smashed straight into it during a storm and sank, drowing almost everyone aboard):

this view looked great when we were there, yet somehow we managed to take a pretty crap photo (obviously more interested in the bikes than the view)

me stopped on a curve somewhere:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Perfect pic right there of the side markers...why can that bike come to North America with signals like that, but the new 10R's not be allowed? There's not a whole lot of diff, space wise between em. Sorry to hijack your post...sweet ride!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Looks a lot like the PCH in California, except warm.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Man those are cool pics. I used to take a lot of pictures when I go for rides, and I always thought we should have a ride reports/pictures section on this site. I don't think there are too many members who bring their camera with them on rides, so I'm not sure that it would be useful here.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider
I always thought we should have a ride reports/pictures section on this site
We're sport riders, not sport tourers!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Blue636
I'm sure it's possible, like if you really pop the clutch and get up and pull the bike.
The GPX250 will wheelie (at least from the accounts of stunters who post wheelie pics of their GPX/Ninja250 on the www.ninja250.net board) but the bike really hates it and I think it wouldn't be doing the clutch much good. I haven't tried it with the ZZR250 but suspect the extra weight of that bike would make it a little harder.

The thing those little 250s are really good at is cornering (like the video Blue636 posted above). Someone will overtake you on a 1000cc bike on the straights, but you'll catch up with them again through the twisties.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.