Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be the right forum, but being an ER6N rider, I seek your thoughts and prayers for another rider. Her name is Leslie, and I've known her for 40+ years. Last night she was riding a Harley Heritage, and failed to negotiate a turn. She has a broken arm, a broken vertebrae, bleeding on the brain, and various other cuts and bruises. She is being kept in an induced coma to control the pain and internal bleeding. She is listed as serious but stable, currently.

I ask for those of you who will, to pray for her quick and complete recovery. Leslie is a wonderful person who has been into riding and motorcycles for several years, and I pray she is able to continue with her life, whole and able to ride in the future.

Thanks to all who share in my concern for her. dd50

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

That being said, was your friend wearing any gear?
The severity of the injuries make it sound as though she either failed to negotiate the turn at 100 mph+ or failed to negotiate the turn at a much lower speed but not wearing any gear.

· Registered
277 Posts
Sorry about the injury of your friend. Leslie will be in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Do not have to be going fast to smack your head. I have cracked a full face helmet at the BMX track along with a broken sternum.

As a matter of fact I can honestly say a helmet has saved my life on 3 occasions over my 35 years of riding. Do not know if Leslie was wearing a helmet or not but I firmly believe a helmet should be mandatory in all states for any motorized 2 wheeler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.