Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, im in a delima. I have bought a 2008 250 ninja a few mnths ago and i want to get a 2008 gsxr 600. Im not sure how to get rid of it because i have a loan on it and no one can buy it. I want someone to just be able to take over the payments or sumthing. Im really not sure of my options. the loan is through state farm bank and they said i cnt do anyhting. i think they just want money. So what can i do? i will sell it for a good deal that sum1 can give me, im giving gear and all and will find a way to pay the loan off. or maybe some can get a loan to buy it from me. I live in Chattanooga,TN its near Atlanta,Ga and Knoxville TN. I want to get rid of it ASAP so please help me

·
Registered
66 Posts
how long have u rode the bike? the power difference between the ninja 250 and a gixxer 600 are waaaaay different fyi the 600 like being on a rocket to compared to the 250

·
Registered
296 Posts
What you have to do is have them pay you for the bike, you need to pay off the bike (The loan) to the bank.(The lean on the bike) and then the bank will give you a piece of paper that says the lean has been released. You take that piece of paper, and the title, and then the person who bought the bike can take it to the MVA or DMV to get the title switched over to their name.

In order to sell a bike, you have to own it. In order to own it, you have to pay the bank off. When you pay off the loan, the bank gives you a piece of paper that says "HE/She has payed off the loan, he is now the owner of this bike" and then you can do what you want with it.

Blu:
Nobody buys a 250 to ride, and then switches to a GSX-R without knowing the consiquences. I am sure he knows about the major power upgrade. On the off chance that he doesn't, he's going to learn quickly. LoL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the world of UPSIDE DOWN . :(
Happens on most vehicles you get lending for and don't keep long enough. Geez I won't even tell you how much I owe on my WRX. years fo trading in tooo soon yikes.

It usually evens out after a while but if you sell it now you.. Lets say you owe 10 dollars on it and someone buys it for 9 dollars . You have to come up with the dollar to get the title. so another words Bring money to the table.
remember Grasshopper... Desire brings discontent sometimes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't trade in unless you can get what you owe on it.

Sell it private party to get more money.

Preferably, buy in cash and don't get into debt in the first place, that'll give you a lot more money in the long run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, yea i can afford the 600 i just dnt wanna the 250 anyymore not enough pwer, and me riding my friends r6 didnt help the situation lol

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nobody buys a 250 to ride, and then switches to a GSX-R without knowing the consiquences. I am sure he knows about the major power upgrade. On the off chance that he doesn't, he's going to learn quickly. LoL
ahh... stick around TL... you'll soon learn how the progression of squids work... especially with the squids bike of choice, a gixxer.

OP, you should buy your bikes with cash (or at least have enough to cover the pay off amount) so when you want to sell them, you'll have the title in hand. if you have to finance, can you really afford to buy the bike? Have you even checked to see what insurance would be for you on a gixxer? GL if you go ahead with the sale. Sounds to me like all you need are a few lessons on proper riding technique to learn exactly how fast the 250 can be. :D

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Sounds to me like all you need are a few lessons on proper riding technique to learn exactly how fast the 250 can be. :D
Goings fast in a straight line is all that matters.:cool:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Goings fast in a straight line is all that matters.:cool:
250 goes plenty fast enough for me in a straight line. Any faster and the walker I tow behind the bike would fall over.... us old guys can only take so much, you know. Ah, to be young and foolish again. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sooooooo, how much do you owe on the 250? How much are you trying to sell it for???? People are interested....

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you really want a GSX so badly right now take it down to the dealership and trade it in. You'll owe way more money on the bike than it's worth when all is said and done, but instant gratification ain't cheap.

Just a thought though since you claim you can handle the extra expense of a GSX. Estimate how much more it'll run you and start pumping the difference into your current loan. Keep riding the 250 while you knock down that loan in no time flat and actually own something of value. Sell it privately and now you'll have a decent down payment and a worthy credit history to work with along with a larger skill set to make the transition safer and easier.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Help me? How you want us to help you, get you money to pay off your loan? Get advice on getting rid of the bike? I think you have much to learn, getting a new bike to be able to "hang with your friends" shouldn't be a reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dnt wnt money rayme, just info. I owe 4900, but will sell it to around 2750-3100. I shudnt have bot it in the first place. i took the msf course and did well, the dealer told me 2 get a 250 but every1 i knw aid get the 600. Well got the 250, and after a few mnths i tried to ride my friends 2005 gsxr 600, and i did fine. NO im not trying to compete with my friends, i have been riding it since Feb and i want sumthin bigger, is that bad?

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Blu:
Not with the new 250.... people will buy them b/c they look hot and then decide they want something bigger. humph.

If you can't afford to take a loss on your 250, how will you pay for a 600 with a much higher insurance premium?
thanks guys, yea i can afford the 600 i just dnt wanna the 250 anyymore not enough pwer, and me riding my friends r6 didnt help the situation lol
Dude, not to be a dick but if you owe more than the 250 is worth then no, you can't afford the new 600 with the new insurance BECAUSE YOU OWE MORE MONEY ON YOUR 250 THAN YOU HAVE! If you didn't you'd pay off your 250 to get it clean and clear.... but regardless of what I/we say you are going to find a way to do what you want. So.... good luck.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
dnt wnt money rayme, just info. I owe 4900, but will sell it to around 2750-3100. I shudnt have bot it in the first place. i took the msf course and did well, the dealer told me 2 get a 250 but every1 i knw aid get the 600. Well got the 250, and after a few mnths i tried to ride my friends 2005 gsxr 600, and i did fine. NO im not trying to compete with my friends, i have been riding it since Feb and i want sumthin bigger, is that bad?
post your location . at 2750, you will sell the bike tomorrow, provided it hasn't been dropped and damaged while you were learning everything you could from that underpowered 250. :D

...and one day, take a course in economics. then you'll see where you went wrong.

·
Registered
395 Posts
post your location . at 2750, you will sell the bike tomorrow, provided it hasn't been dropped and damaged while you were learning everything you could from that underpowered 250. :D

...and one day, take a course in economics. then you'll see where you went wrong.
Kkim is right. Do not sell out of desperation. Emotions cloud judgement.

These bikes are in high demand. Be patient young padiwon.

Use the force...of wise posts on this topic. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts