Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after a few years of having the silver color with red candy rims, i have decided to make a little change. My idea is to change the colour of the rims maybe the spokes in green and the lip in black?? Or all green or black?? And maybe some accent on the body in green color. Can you guys give me some ideas or any feed back?? Perhaps like on the pic with the green monster and the green rims? I will paint the forks as well in black.

Tnks

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Whatever you decide is what you gonna have to live with but that green spoke black lip sound pretty interesting. Whatever you do go for it and post pics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See i already have an 09 in green/black color, but for my second bike i still would like to keep the silver with possible some green like i mentioned.:confused:

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I suggest you don't paint the fork tubes. Even if the paint comes out really nice, as you slide the forks back into the triples you're gonna scrape off the paint. There's not a whole lot of room when sliding forks in and out, even with the pinch bolts all the way loose. I don't know who can re-color your forks an anodized green or whatever you want, but if you can do that, it would definitely be unique.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did some work in the past with the forks and believe me there is enough room to slide them up or down, i'm planning to paint them flat black.

·
Registered
336 Posts
too bad youre not closer to me because I would trade you some all black wheels and the sliver forks I have for the red ones since I have been dying to have some!

but if you are doing the wheels, I think you should do a black wheel, with the green on the inner part of the spoke (if that makes sense) and a green lip! like its slowly transitioning into green from the center out. Then when you have the tire on it everything will look right. Just my thought, let me know if you like that idea, because if you get it Im curious on what it would look like since I just thought it up a minute ago. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts