Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to purchase a 97 ninja zx6r. title says zx600f ninja r, is this correct? also does $3500 sounds fair for a 97 zx6r with 5100 miles slight scrapes to the fairings, one cracked area in the middle of the front fairing size of a fist, and overall good condition, it seems well maintained and adult driven?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I bought a '95 with about the same number of miles for about the same price. It sounds like a good deal. Some where it should say that is a ZX600-F3.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know the special features of a zx6r vs zx6? also, does the 97 model come with adjustable shocks? what is the widest tire i can put in the rear? also, does liquid cooled radiator mean it can travel longer distance and isn't harder maintenance? sorry for all the questions, i'm totally clueless. if anyone has a review pls feel free to comment, thanks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The '97 ZX-6R has fully adjustable suspension front and rear. That means you can adjust the pre-load, compresion and rebound damping on both ends. The rear ride height is also adjustable as well as the front ride height by lowering the fork tubes. It comes stock with a 160/60-17 rear tire. You can fit a 180/60-17 rear on it but it makes it handle worse. If it is a ZX-6R is should have a single exhaust coming up the right side.

Water cooled engines are generally closer tollerance and last longer than comparable air cooled engines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also, the zx-6R is more of a racing style bike, hence the "R". It has a more tuned suspension, more HP, and a more forward seat position. In contrast the zx-6, or zx-6E is more of a sport cruiser. It has a lower ride height, more upright riding position, a single seat, weighs alittle more and has a softer suspension and brakes. Don't get me wrong, its a good bike. In fact I have both of them at the moment...I'm looking to sell the 6E. in comparison, I personally think my "E" has a little more punch off the line; however, it has full Ti muzzys and jet kit while my "r" does not. Both are very good bikes. Hope this helps some.

You keep campaining for that ass-whooping you might get elected

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, that helps alot. i think i'm going to enjoy this bike. the previous one i had was a 96 can-of-tuna... i mean suzuki katana. the zx6r seems much faster and whole lotta fun! i wasn't able to pop a wheelie with the katana maybe with a ninja it'll be easier...hehehe. who wanna race!? ahahah... thanks again everyone, this a cool board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.